The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear wheel alignment

Ok ive swapped out the rear subframe bushings on #23, and played around with the toe adjustments. For some reason the rear wheels are still toed in even with the adjustment is pushed all the way to the outside. The 4ws has been eliminated and the hubs are converted to 5-lug. Also, the trans has a welded diff (yes its annoying). I'm
Wearing out the tires I just puchased for the rear wheels, not sure what the problem is. Anyone have any ideas?

14u2nV

Did you swap out the bushings at the ends of the arms, and if so did you pull them all the way out. It is possible to put this piece in backwards, which would throw off your alignment.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
How are the tires wearing (location)?

Due to the toe-in on the rear wheels and the welded differential in the trans, the rear wheels are basically getting dragged with the angle pointed towards front/center, at least the tire wear is even on the surface rather than having it on one side. I've installed the off-set cylinders into the rear camber adjustment bushings to aid the extreme negative camber it had when i got the car. The camber is fine when rolling in forward motion, but i noticed that the negative camber increases whenever i reverse into a parking spot. I'll check into the placement of the knuckle pictured above. That may be my problem. Thanks in advance for all the helpful tips.

Also with the toe-in, forward motion actually pulls the rear ride height up. It currently has HR springs matched with koni adjustables, but with this issue, the rear end doesn't even look lowered.

atc250r

Staff member
It sounds like something else is wrong. I have my car fairly low and I have a welded center diff but I have none of the problems you're running into. Are the rear control arm bushings worn? I would start by putting all urethane back there, it did wonders for my car.

John

haven't gotten around to taking the control arms off. Been busy reinstalling new springs on the other ride. How do you like the welded diff?

atc250r

Staff member
Its mildly annoying on the street but most of the time I don't notice it.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned