The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Greddy Profec E-01 Boost Controller-QUESTIONS??

mean_green

I recentley acquired a Greddy Profec E-01 Boost controller for free for wrenching on a friend's ebo for him. It may or may not be missing some pieces but it seems to be all there when I took a quick glance.

Im interested if anyone has used these with our G rides or had direct user knowledge of them. Im trying to decide if I want to try and find I decent spot to mount it in the Galant or sell it and stay with my brand new MBC.

TIA,
-Alan

Last edited:

I know nothing about them, but I saw a slew of terrible reviews a while back which led me away from them. At the same time, if you have ever installed an afc (I know this isn't one, don't flip) the wiring is VERY particular, like must splice twice into the same wire without severing it in the correct order (I haven't found anyone who can explain it to me, even electrical engineers. The only thing we could assume is that one wire puts in a control voltage or oscillation that the next one looks for.)

ANYWAY, my memory is that most of these bad review centered around install problems and incorrect wiring as opposed to function.

Just my .002

My buddy has one in his built 2g.

*If* you have the E-manage, the E-01 is a nice tool that can control the e-manage w/o a laptop.

The boost controller is shaky with internal wastegates, so your manual will be more consistant.

Other then that, its a glorified AFC controller.

I would get it, then sell it for more parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Scientist

I have installed it on two cars, a 2001 JDM 3000GT MR and a 98 Celica GT4.
We first did it on the GT4 and after about 3 hours of tweaking we got very stable and Quick boost through all gears, by adjusting Gain etc for every gear.

Its auto mode is also very good once you get it to work right. The record feature is very handy with seeing exactly what your Boost is doing. Plus the ability to monitor other engine parameters and Wideband is a Plus

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts