The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Creaky Clutch Pedal

When I step on the clutch it makes a creaking noise through the full throw of the pedal. Any ideas what could be making the sound? It had done in before but went away for a while. TO bearing was replaced last year with the clutch fork, trans was rebuilt 2 years ago. If I touch the harmonic balancer while the pedal is depressed I can feel the noise, nothing moves but I can feel the creaking. I lubed the pedal assembly but no change. Could it be the clutch hydraulics?

Thanks for any help.

Yao

2nd that if anyone have solution, I've also replaced the Master Clutch cylinder and that hold of the sound for about a year. Then it came back.

Ok thanks Gary, I'm going to take a look at my master assembly when I get home and see if there is any shearing or fatigue to that bracket.

Probably unrelated, but do you think it's possible the creaking could be related to the pedal going soft every once in a while on left turns? I'm paranoid of crankwalk and it would be great if these 2 problems are caused by the same thing.

The car has been jsb since nov and I was concerned cw was what did it in, but I don't have any proof. I'm fixing the things I know are wrong and hoping that solves the issues I had in nov. Bleh.

Ok thanks HHI. I think I isolated the noise to be coming from either the slave cylinder or inside the trans. It's definitely not coming from the mc area. Since the slave I have in there is a cheapo reman with a rotted boot, I'm going to try changing that out with an oem part first.

Thanks again.

atc250r

Staff member
Mine was doing it but it was coming from the pedal assembly. I kept spraying it down with silicone lube every couple of weeks until it went away.

John

Mine is still doing it, but it seems to be on the pedal assembly and mc, not so sure yet.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned