The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ABS COMPUTER QUESTION

I just finished my 5 lug swap and my abs ring were 43-43 i put in 47-47 so my question is do i need to re pin my abs computer?Or is it ok since it was a 1.1 ratio my cars a 92 by the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Terry Posten

They wont work if I remember correctly.

PM Iceman as he has done some work with this sort of thing.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
As long as you maintained the 1:1 ratio (on a '92), it should work. Check your front sensor adjustments.

Jostar

What happens if i disconnect the ABS ecu?? Where is it located at??? I have a very weird problem with our galant, When you hit
anything in the road one of the calipers will close & sorta freeze...

Gordian79

get rid of that abs crap.its more dangerous then anything.

Quoting dsmunderstudy:
the only thing on is my anti lock light?

You should read the ABS error code. That will direct you right to the source of the problem.

I'll look on how to do that it comes and goes now every once in a while it's off then comes on?

656of1000

I remember seeing a writeup about this on this borad. IIRC, you need to swap in the ABS computer from a 1g because the 1g front tone ring tooth ratio is different than the gvr4.

Quoting dsmunderstudy:
I'll look on how to do that it comes and goes now every once in a while it's off then comes on?

The code should still be stored. You check it the same way as the VFAQ way to check ECU codes, except the ABS blinks/buzzes it out on pin #4 instead of pin #1.

I know its not the pin out my abs comp is for a 1:1 ratio already so it has to be my abs comp it self ill check it out

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts