The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I am back! :-)

hello freinds. i have been off the fourm for about a year and a half two years. i first got my galant when i was 15. no trans. blown stock motor. my brother bought it from ivan at sound performance two years prior. took him two years two destroy it....two accidents and a trans and block and two turbos.ive owned this car for 4 years now as an off and on project. invested 8k and still increasing everyday. i just lost my job so ive had time to play around the last two weeks and i figured i should jump back on the fourum and let you guys get a update on 1119/2000. enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Engine mods:

Bone stock 4g63T aprox 80k.
New ngk plugs and wires
shaved and polished stock intake manifold with cyclone throttle body 2g inlet
New hoses,belts,gaskets,bolts, new starter

Intake mods:

Garett Bullseye T3/T4
2.5" intercooler pipeing
Front mount 27.5"/10"/2" i believe
GM MAF blowthrough

Fuel Mods:
Aermotive 10 gal Fuel cell
Aermotive 8an lines throughout
Aeromotive tsunami fuel pump
Aeromotive fuel press regulator
Aermotive fuel Rail
DC 550cc injectors

Drivetrain:
steel braide clutch line
new cvs(4)
2g Eclipse GSX trans aprox 64k
act 2100
new clutch slave
fidanza short shifter
cnc machined shifter plate bushings
shifter cable bearing conversion kit

Exhaust:
AMS 3 1/4" full catback with catco high flow cat
Dynomax muffler
Stock exhuast manifold (for now)

Suspension and Brakes:
New kyb gr2 struts
two front wheel bearings
sway bar links
inner and outer tie rods
ebc green stuff pads
front steek braide brake lines
new oem rear lines
cusco strut bars
New dunlop sp a2 sports

Now the fun stuff

2 weeks ago

Today at 3am.

I still need to cut about 2 1/2 inches off the passenger side. make mounts. trim the driver side and also mount the front mount. oh yeah...finish painting them.

and other parts.....

i went to ams today and asked where i shoul go for this...two striped holes...1 broken bolt...and only 500 miles on the turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Other Vehicles:

1983 chevrolet S10- 350/TH350 trans mid length headers full 2 1/4 true duals with glass packs. 750 edelbrock-edelbrock performer cam and intake mani. accel plugs wires heat shields and distributer. accel super high voltage coil(55k i think)

Brothers 92' 522/1000 In progress as well( stock build)

10th anniversary 99 eclipse rs. auto. non turbo. black interior leather. flip out. new speakers. z3 fendors. and a front lip thats already cracked. apexi catback

Nartanian

Nice, Welcome back. Nice set of cars too.

just a quick little updat of what ive done today...i got the pipeing to fit, i started making brackets for the front mount, and i put two new struts on...man this last weeks been crazy.

THIS IS THE PART ON THE DRIVESIDE I STILL HAVE TO TRIM

AND THE PASS SIDE IS PRETTY DECENT

JUST FOR LAUGHS...ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE? THAT WAS MY OLD EXHAUST THAT BLEW THE GASKET 3 TIMES ON MY TRUCK...SEE THE GAP? THATS AFTER I REMOVED THE GASKET. BTW

BoostedAWD91

let me know how the Bullseye Turbo works out for you. I have had SOOOOO many problems with their turbos. I went through 2 exhaust housings before i even started the car cause as soon as u put the bolt in, they seize up and break /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I even bought Chromoly ARP turbo bolts this last time and they broke even with torching the crap out of it. I also went through 3 turbo's of theirs and every one had horrible compressor surge. hopefully u have better luck than i did

yeah i know... this turbo was only on my brothers galant for 500miles..no problem installing it but when he went to take it off it was a nightmare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

i could take his B16g that i originaly bought before we traded turbos...but id really like to get this one to work and give it a decent shot...after all it was 900 that he had paid for it

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

yeah hell i just bolted the turbo to the exhaust manifold so i could test fit it and after that it wouldnt come back apart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I dont know why their turbos have compressor surge problems. I can say that their customer service is great. I bought the turbo from them 5 years ago and never used it till now and i sent it back and they sent me different one to try and when that didnt work either they gave me a complete refund after 5 years which is quite respectable. BEP just needs to do some more research to fix the compressor surge problems with their turbos

my brother bought it. and i dont think we have the recipt whats the number for bullsey? maybe they will also..

BoostedAWD91

just go to their website www.bullseyepower.com and email them and tell them what problems ur having. If u just call and say ur turbo doesnt work and i want a refund they probably wont help ya. Did your brother buy the turbo directly from them?
I went through 4 new turbos they sent me before i demanded a refund which he was hesitant at 1st but gave it to me

the turbo worked fine...i was just wondering for after i use it...it just has jacked up bolts. but my buddy works at a machine shop and hes going to fix it

ive been looking around for about a hour trying to figure out where the hell the wires go for the thermostat housing... all my connectors broke off and i dont know what color wires go to what sensors...Any diagrams? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

BoostedAWD91

Quoting RalliArtGVR4:
the turbo worked fine...i was just wondering for after i use it...it just has jacked up bolts. but my buddy works at a machine shop and hes
going to fix it

just try using tons of anti-seize. I had the thread holes for the turbo housing re-tapped cause they were rough going in and after i put them in once and torqued them down, they werent coming back out. Even with torching the crap out of it with map gas and using ARP Chromoly turbo bolts, i was able to get 1 out in good condition, the rest were destroyed

thats the only thing i have came across suggested as well...is lots and lots of anti seize...that and just throw it in the garbage.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned