The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

best twin disc clutch to buy

What is the best twin to buy. Shep has a deal on Quater Masters, but it requires another $190 to run the clutch. Anyone ever run a qm or cl or exedy?

Brianawd

QM and be done

turbowop

Then post in your opinion why one is better or not. Not just a retarded general statement. Fawk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

Brianawd

Quote:
have either of you had both? i have

No, but I have driven cars that have both. So I don't give a Fu-k if you have had both.

curtis

The designer of the QM quit after a few decades and started his own business and re designed the unit as well as the radiused throw out bearing. Guess which company he owns. Yep PTT. By the way PTT builds the flywheels for QM.

When I ordered mine there machine was down for maintenance for a few days. His wife called me the morning the machine came up, she then called back a few hours later to tell me they shipped it. She then called back at about 5 to tell me not to install it they were shipping a second to me with a return tag on the first and it was next day shipped. I asked whats the problem and she explained that they were training a new guy and he couldn't remember if he put on of the disks in a press that squares off all the rivets. This would leave a warp in the disk if not done. I asked well I could check and see and she said don't worry about checking because if you don't have really level spot and a dial indicator thats super exact you want be able to tell. It would only be out about .0005. That alone tells me who I'll always buy direct from.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Quoting 9t1tsi:
What is the best twin to buy. Shep has a deal on Quater Masters, but it requires another $190 to run the clutch. Anyone ever run a qm or cl or exedy?

The best one to buy is the one you can afford. The best one will cause you to choke when you hear the price.

Ben

When I sold my evo, I installed a twin disk for the new owner. It was an exedy and I like it even more than my QM in my dsm. I was quite and engauged like stock, ssssoooo smooth. I think that clutch was $1600 or $1700. I think you can spend about 3k on a triple disk on an evo. THAT is crazy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned