The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

High Current 12V Input?

JSchleim18

Looking to put this alarm in my car and it has 2 red wires that are fused (30A). They want me to hook it up to a (+) Hight Current 12V input. It also says this: "Since the factory supplies (+)12V to the key switch that is used to operate the motor, it is recommended that these wires be connected there."

Now where can I tap these wires into that is inside the car? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

toybreaker

iconoclast
Is this for a remote starter, or the accesory circuit?

The supply wire to the ignition switch is white, and it comes from subfuse #5.

That fuse is rated at 30amps, so it's cutting it thin for the accesories.

Many people set the car up to remote start with the heater or a/c on, and that would probably be too much at once. You're better off to seperate out the accesory stuff from the starter.

It would work fine for the starter.

Hope that helps, and be sure to program the alarm to only be able to remote start the car if it was shut down (running, in neutral with the e-brake on) from outside the car.

JSchleim18

The wires are being used to run the remote start for the alarm system. So from what you stated, the white wire leading to the ignition switch is the one to use?

toybreaker

iconoclast
For the remote starter part, you want to use the same wire the factory did, so yea, it's the white wire.

Depending on the sophistication of the alarm, you may not be able to use this as the only supply to the remote starter unit. It'll be close to the limit just running the starter. If you add anything else (climate control or whatever) you'll probably pop subfuse #5 every now and then when the hotel loads don't drop when the remote starter is actuated. (Good alarms have a timer/sequence, bad alarms don't.)

Again, I can't stress this enough, make sure the alarm is programed correctly

I've seen some pretty fucked up sh*t happen with manual transmission equipped remote start cars.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts