The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Well Manley makes some strong rods...Street test...REALLY..

charmcity

Well yesterday I was taking my brand new in the box rods to my machinest and put them on top of my car to load some things in the back seat of the DD. Yeah you know what happens next. I drive off and get all the way to school when I realised I never put the box in the damn car.I called my buddy who lives next door and he goes searching. The box was in pieces in the middle of the road, and the rods had been ran over a few times. I took a look this morning and they are scratched a little and no major chunks are missing. I am taking them to get looked at today to see if there still good. I will take pics later and post them so yawll can see them. Well figured id share.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
We'll see how strong they are after you install them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

charmcity

Yeah well see about the strength, if they are compromised I will not run them but if my boss says there ok there a go.

And No no puff puff at all just a full time job, a part time job and taking a class at the local Community college.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif lol! are they the turbo tuff manley rods?

ktmrider

"Michelin peened" rods, gotta make 'em stronger right?!?

charmcity

Yip its been used for 30 years in NASA space program. Run over the rocket parts with cars and trucks.

prove_it

no wonder thats why we made it to the moon and no one else has.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned