The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New 1/4 pb (now with vids)

NZ VR4 RS

best run of the day was a [email protected] mph,on the last run of the day against calvin in his tommy mak i ran 120.0 mph.that was the best race of the day with the big power of the mak coming through at the end.Crying or Very sad

the rebuilt gearbox is better than before with it shifting smoother and a lot less noise coming from it due to a few other bits that needed replacing as well.

had a prob all day with red lighting, with the semi slicks and the box a lot better it is hooking up a lot better and my usual point of the end of the middle light is too soon.
made the adjustment towards the end of the day to the last light and that fixed that.

made the final of 4wd turbo against a evo 1 that runs 11.5 of the nos and 11.2 on it.knew i had to cut a good light to have a chance but just cut it too fine and red light came up. as i went pastthe tree i saw it pop up and knew it was over plus i had a big missed gear going into 4th.

as for the vr4 i think that is all it has in its current setup, boost wise it was around 1.5 bar or 22psi and i was running avgas. either this or next week it will be going on the dyno in the same state as it was at the drags so i can finally get some power ans torque figures and then the link will finally be put in.

Last edited:

What is avgas, I heard it mentioned the other day on tuners. Is it like C16 and what not?

NZ VR4 RS

gasoline used in light planes and choppers here, must be of at least 105 octane although is drops points and is usually round 100-103 by the time i get it

common use general motorsport fuel here but becauseit has lead in it it is getting dropped from a lot of motorsport classes

icurunnin

Quoting NZ VR4 RS:
best run of the day was a [email protected] mph,on the last run of the day against calvin in his tommy mak i ran 120.0 mph.that was the best race of the day with the big power of the mak coming through at the end.Crying or Very sad

the rebuilt gearbox is better than before with it shifting smoother and a lot less noise coming from it due to a few other bits that needed replacing as well.

had a prob all day with red lighting, with the semi slicks and the box a lot better it is hooking up a lot better and my usual point of the end of the middle light is too soon.
made the adjustment towards the end of the day to the last light and that fixed that.

made the final of 4wd turbo against a evo 1 that runs 11.5 of the nos and 11.2 on it.knew i had to cut a good light to have a chance but just cut it too fine and red light came up. as i went pastthe tree i saw it pop up and knew it was over plus i had a big missed gear going into 4th.

as for the vr4 i think that is all it has in its current setup, boost wise it was around 1.5 bar or 22psi and i was running avgas. either this or next week it will be going on the dyno in the same state as it was at the drags so i can finally get some power ans torque figures and then the link will finally be put in.

time to change your sig huh?

Quoting NZ VR4 RS:
gasoline used in light planes and choppers here, must be of at least 105 octane although is drops points and is usually round 100-103 by the time i get it

common use general motorsport fuel here but becauseit has lead in it it is getting dropped from a lot of motorsport classes

Ah thanks for clearing that up for me. There was a guy on tuners that used that on his TSi running an HX40 and put down like 400+ hp so I figured I Would ask lol :).

NZ VR4 RS

here are some vids

Vid's on youtube

rs - run 1
link

Pitman 12.14 ET
link

rs - run 2
link

rs - 11.88 ET
link

rs - DYO
link

SOLJAH - drag
link

rs - vs wrx
link

rs - single run
link

rs - C1 final
link

rs - vs mak
link

SOLJAH - burnout
link

Quoting NZ VR4 RS:

I used avgas all the time in my 911. Cheaper than racegas and I have an airplane mechanic friend that always had a few gallons on tap. That stuff works wonders and the lead in it smells wonderful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned