The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch system issues.....

MitchooO

ok im about to throw the "D" word at my vr4 in another week.....my clutch has been doing this for the past year......it has: no more rubber lines, new slave cylinder, new master cylinder, new clutch fork, throw out bearing and an 1/8" washer on the pivot ball.....it doesn work to just pump it anymore.....i have to hold it to the floor for a second and let my foot slide off and let it fly back up, after i do that a few times the clutch feels perfect..but at the next stop light it has no pressure again.... ive bled it 20 different ways.... pulled the first trans out cause i couldnt shift and eneded up breaking the shift fork.....then again with the other trans because i wanted to change the fork and TOB....im out of options and taking offers on the car.... please help me out, i love this thing but hate what it does.....its like having a bi-polar girlfriend...... thanks for any replys! really apriciate it.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

How's the pedal assembly? Any chance the mastery or slave you have are bad? I've seen refurbished units bad out of the box?

boostedinaz

Are all of the bolts holding the tranny to the block in place and tight? Did you replace the pivot ball when you replaced the TOB and fork?

1990ggsxnj

I would definately check the pedal assembly. I had major wear in both of my Eclipse's that did that very same thing. Had to heat it up to get it to "catch", otherwise, the end was rounded off and not functioning the way it was supposed to (which is holding it all together tightly). Have you tested the travel with someone in the car to isolate where the problem is?

MitchooO

i will probly be going to a junkyard this weekend for a few things... so il see if i can pick up a pedal assy........i am also going to look at an older mitsu. and see how a cable clutch works....and i will make a cable setup work on the hyd. setup..... but before that i will pull mine out and check it....i know its been welded up, but not sure who did it or if it broke before he did.....and the car does have 204k on it..... and its had a stiff clutch since the guy before me had it and i put a stifffer one in it... so its probly due for a going over the assy..... thanks for the replies!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned