The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Carbon Fiber Pieces

JSchleim18

Just throwing this out there. Can anyone else think of what they'd want to be done in carbon fiber? I was thinking of the JDM Fuel Door without the keyhole in it. What else?

We would need 15 people to leave non-refundable deposits on each item.

DarkDevilMMM

how about CF hood, oh wait...

how about JDM front and rear bumper, AMG smooth sides, fenders, doors, center console, dash, steering wheel, shift knob, seats, drive shaft, wheel, that's about right...

gtluke

i bet the dashboard in our cars weigh a damn ton. but it would have to be really nice for me to switch it out, since the galant dash is actually really nice to begin with.
it's probably a whore to make too.
i doubt fenders are worth it, doors would be too expensive. bumpers wouldn't last

make me a luggage suitcase that is exactly 26x26x10 with a handle and i'll pay $200 for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

G

Staff member
Window visor/ vent shades. Front & rear under body diffusers?

CarRacer

Plug wire cover. I'd pay under $100 for one. Leaves the sleeper look, as it makes no external changes. Still allows for a little dress up under the hood. Simple design and wouldn't be terribly hard to manufacturer.

Brunoboy

Quoting JSchleim18:
Just throwing this out there. Can anyone else think of what they'd want to be done in carbon fiber? I was thinking of the JDM Fuel Door without the keyhole in it. What else?

We would need 15 people to leave non-refundable deposits on each item.

i want a fuel door lol

G

Staff member
^ I have real carbon fiber one (spark plug cover) fs from japan, just never had time to post it, pm me if you want it.

Last edited:

14u2nV

I told him once if he made CF doglegs/sideskirts, I'd buy a set. I bet a lot of people would. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BoostedAWD91

fuse box covers, front lip (not sure if it would be a good idea or not due to hitting things), door panels, wiper cowl, fuel door... hmmm

thecman02

The Trim Piece that goes around the Instrument Cluster would be interesting. Center Console would be cool as well as the other things already mentioned.

Barnes

Maybe it would be simpler if people listed the parts they *don't* want made in CF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

mountaineerjeff

^+1 windshield everything else, go for it

belize1334

I imagine that alot of people would like a refund done in carbon fiber. You could get one person to send you an itemization of how much they've lost on CF deposits, then make a refund template, and then just make one for everyone. I'm sure that'd please the whole community! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sorry, that was unfair and I apologize. If you've actually got plans to get stuff going don't let my skepticism hold you back.

Scientist

How about a CF center dash pod?

doesn't have to be cf but a decent lip kit and side skirt for the JDM bumper
Eyelids

There used to be a company making CF intakes for 2gs...those looked nice.

Center arm rest?

JSchleim18

Quoting belize1334:
I imagine that alot of people would like a refund done in carbon fiber. You could get one person to send you an itemization of how much they've lost on CF deposits, then make a refund template, and then just make one for everyone. I'm sure that'd please the whole community! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sorry, that was unfair and I apologize. If you've actually got plans to get stuff going don't let my skepticism hold you back.

I don't think some of these items will be a problem to make. I'll update the For Sale thread shortly.

JSchleim18

I agree...I don't really want it to be in carbon fiber. Maybe fiberglass?

Ralli380Gvr4

Quoting G:
Window visor/ vent shades. Front & rear under body diffusers?

+1!! Here's a list of 13 people already, rain guard group buy

I would also like to see a keyless fuel door (CF or fiberglass), COP plate's would be a big hit, wiper cowl that retains wipers, Eterna grille, fuse box cover, upper timing belt cover, headlight eyebrows to compliment the new cf hoods coming out.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting CarRacer:
Plug wire cover. I'd pay under $100 for one. Leaves the sleeper look, as it makes no external changes. Still allows for a little dress up under the hood. Simple design and wouldn't be terribly hard to manufacturer.

I actually have a carbon plug wire cover on 503. I don't even remember where I bought it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts