The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Old Track Pictures

BoostedAWD91

here are some old pictures of the 1st time i went to the track way back in the day that i happened to dig out. sorry for the crappy quality. Nate and Josh, u remember this day at BeaverSprings?

Josh Jones Galant at the line

Nate Pharrs old Galant which is now Seans

Josh's Galant and my Laser behind

Another one of Nate's galant

Nate and Josh, i have a video of this day with some footage of both ur cars i believe which im going to burn to a dvd if u want a copy of it let me know

number3

BSD. The only track you need to use the handbrake at the staging line. I thought all tracks were like that until one day someone asked me at Atco why I used the handbrake...

BoostedAWD91

haha yeah, i remember that. it definatly makes things harder when u have to hold the e-brake up and then drop it and go

You guys were way ahead of the curve. Those pics look like they were before Fast and the Furious came out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shoot, I use my e-brake everytime I launch. I think it causes allot less stress on the drive line when you take all the slack out of it instead of having play inbetween the gears and then letting them slam together when you let loose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate

You could say we were ahead of the curve at the time - my first timeslip has a date of January '95 on it.

I have since fallen way behind the curve. ;-)

CP

That's the end of No Name Stright/beginning of the Uphill at Lime Rock.

BoostedAWD91

Those pics are from around 1998 i believe. I have a bunch of pics from that day, but since i dont have the negatives all i can do is take a pic of the pic to post haha.

14bCrazy

Theres this cool thing that they just came out with called a scanner. They really do some call stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

slugsgomoo

change the white balance on your camera to heat it up a bit and they won't be so blue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gtluke

352619765_8jyxp-L.jpg

dsmotorsport's race car, when it existed and before it was yellow
352622925_U2zkb-L.jpg

352640128_KgVD9-L.jpg

Armitage

Since we're all sharing...

vir1.sized.jpg

vir3.sized.jpg

img_asp4.sized.jpg

rallyx_011.sized.jpg

And for good measure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
11X5284.sized.jpg

TrackDaze_Shenadoah_364.sized.jpg

Last edited:

14bCrazy

That photo I did of your engine at the RallyX makes my mind up about running my Galant. Looks like the old Civic going to get the rally tires on it this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Armitage

Hey Rick, yea come on out it'll be fun! I'm still on the fence about running the Galant since I did the motor swap, it's so clean under the hood now. Almost seems like a shame to get her that dirty again :p

2009 schedule is posted here: click

CP

Hey Armitage: you got any in-car footage from the Mazda?

Armitage

Not yet, but I'm working on a camera setup for this season /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned