The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Collector Plates

I have an interesting thing happening to me right now. I used to own 1353/2000 and was able to obtain a letter from Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) saying that the 1991 Galant VR4 was produced and sold in limited numbers. Although the number seemed off (2652 according to MMNA). It did not bother me as that was all i needed to obtain Collector plates in Ohio.
I recently purchased 795/1000 and was hoping to get the same letter for this vehicle. I have gotten multiple responses for MMNA stating that they can not find that info, as it is "no longer available", although they still have the info for the 1991 (even if it may be incorrect). I have tried to call them but can not get past the customer servcie rep and the letter comes from a "Vehicle Case Manager". The last letter they sent me said that according to my VIN number my car was the 10358 Galant VR4 that was produced!!! This has become really frustrating and i really want to kick someone in their head.
Anyone have any advice?

curtis

I bet if everyone here emailed them it would screw up the case managers week.

Post up the contact info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I dont have much in the way of contact info:
Dan Constantiniu is the "Vehicle Case Manager"
888-648-7820 is the MMNA nubmer
That is all i have

fivestardsm

I got a letter from MMNA when I was inquireing about my 91 that didn't have a plaque on the dash. They are very un-helpfull.

MMNA was able to provide the info needed for 1991 but for some reason can not do the same for 1992. All they need to do is type up a letter that states that the car was limited in production, to (1001 in 1992, correct?) and they will not do that. I don't understand why not.

Rausch

I have one from the PO for 1361. It's actually hosted on here somewhere. MAaybe dig teh pic up and call/write whoever the F it was that signed taht one, or the one you had for the 91?

slugsgomoo

can you make a color photocopy of the letter and snail mail it to me? I can fix it to say 1992 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Rausch

NO has color copier, but I might be able to scan it in and do something?

Rausch

I'm sure there is one around here somewhere... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I still have the one from my 1991 that worked. The year, number produced and the VIN would all have to be changed.

Quoting slugsgomoo:
can you make a color photocopy of the letter and snail mail it to me? I can fix it to say 1992 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

JNR

OK, sounds like somebody can make a blank original for us peons then? Be neat to have if nothing else.

slugsgomoo

Quoting TinyVR4:
I still have the one from my 1991 that worked. The year, number produced and the VIN would all have to be changed.

Quoting slugsgomoo:

if you can send it to me, I'll make 'em up for people. I need to be able to fudge with the scanner settings, play with fonts, sizes, etc in order to make it all work, but it is possible.

Rausch

Ok, I can do that, PM me an addy, and I'll try to get it copied Sunday. But you have to make me one with my name on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Staff member
Wait 20 years until you can get classic plates? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Quoting TinyVR4:
I have an interesting thing happening to me right now. I used to own 1353/2000 and was able to obtain a letter from Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) saying that the 1991 Galant VR4 was produced and sold in limited numbers. Although the number seemed off (2652 according to MMNA). It did not bother me as that was all i needed to obtain Collector plates in Ohio.
I recently purchased 795/1000 and was hoping to get the same letter for this vehicle. I have gotten multiple responses for MMNA stating that they can not find that info, as it is "no longer available", although they still have the info for the 1991 (even if it may be incorrect). I have tried to call them but can not get past the customer servcie rep and the letter comes from a "Vehicle Case Manager". The last letter they sent me said that according to my VIN number my car was the 10358 Galant VR4 that was produced!!! This has become really frustrating and i really want to kick someone in their head.
Anyone have any advice?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting TinyVR4:
I dont have much in the way of contact info:
Dan Constantiniu is the "Vehicle Case Manager"
888-648-7820 is the MMNA nubmer
That is all i have

I bet $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 that guy is Romanian. I'm going to call him and talk Romanian to him and see what he has to say.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts