The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

welders, critique these welds

So I am about ready to take some parts to a welder and would like for you to tell me if these welds look ok. The parts aren't anything too serious, just bungs for probes and sensors but I figured I'd ask anyway.

here

Thanks

Rausch

Welds look good, spelling looks bad: Quote:
Steel Stipper Pole

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

CarRacer

Those welds look fine to me. There's no real way to prove they did it, and they wouldn't post poor workmanship either.

I'm more interested in the steel stripper pole they constructed. You're getting one of those while you're there right?

fivestardsm

Quoting VRausch4:
Steel Stipper Pole

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Wow!! how did it break???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif you ever seen the end of Norbit...

As for the welds, they look very clean. The first pick of the aluminum weld, and the stripper pole, both looked like text book "dimes".

Last edited:

Cool thanks. No money left over for stripper pole and definitely no money left over for strippers.

I know but I want to make sure its done right. Don't want any spackle welds on my hooptie.

Im reading the craigslist post. Bed frame repair...Trailer axle repair...Stripper pole...."Wait WHAT!?" haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Must be a big bitch

bet the same chick that broke the bed frame cracked the pole also, Some one thinks big girls are tons of fun

fivestardsm

Maybe the guy started his buisness to keep up with his wife/girlfriends work demands...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

bustedsm

^^ Possibly for personal practice and critiquing!

Those welds look pretty good to me, I don't personally weld but have been around a few local welders that have a great reputation and they look pretty similar!

Here's an idea of a local welder who did my piping in the talon:

102_1051.jpg

102_1058.jpg

Boostin21

he tig welds... you wont see spatter from tig. if he's doing aluminum cleanly he wont have a problem doing a bung.

Quoting fivestardsm:
Maybe the guy started his buisness to keep up with his wife/girlfriends work demands...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

lmao /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts