The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oem "Heavy" Leather Shift Knob

fivestardsm

I just recived a Oem leather shif knob that is weighted. It is actually a dsm knob, so it is about 3/4" longer / Taller than ours, but that is what I use anyway with my 1g dsm shifter assembly. It locates the shifter nicely, not too short, not too tall.

I was curious if anyone else was using one.
Let me know what you think.

Steve.

mitsu pt#: MR263906

fivestardsm

$19.68 from my local mitsu dealer. His computer listed 1 in New Jersey, but he said there should be more.

Steve.

boostedinaz

I have a 1G leather boot, shifter, and that exact knob in 1101 and they feel great.

EMX5636

I have one in my Galant, and I had one in my GSX Eclipse as well. JNZ has them for like $15 online if anyone wants a cheaper solution. I love it, doesn't get cold in the winter like an aftermarket heavy knobs.

Justin

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I have one of those. Got it from Machv more than a year ago. They sell it for $24 here

Last edited:

I have one in my car that I bought from JNZ and it is the best one I've had in the car to date.

Daryl

fivestardsm

Cool, it sounds like I made a good buy!! I was looking at getting another greddy for 1387
Thanks guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve.

Lonewolf64

I went from the weighted 2g knob to a greddy counterweight knob offered by jnz and I like it a lot more. It is about twice as heavy and makes fast shifts feel even smoother.

Turbo4door1

I won an EVO VIII leather shift knob at the Valley Forge GVR-4 meet a couple years ago. It is a direct replacement and is much heavier then stock. Not sure on pricing, but might be another option too.

Turbo4door1

^^^ Sure, since my lazy a$$ still hasn't installed it, I just ran out to the garage, dug it out, and snapped a few pics of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

-edit - Upon looking at my pics, and the pics from the OP, it appears to be the same bag/description/knob.

Last edited:

fivestardsm

Whats the part# on that one? I see that it has the bar-code sticker over top of it. I had to hold mine up to the light to read it.

Steve.

Turbo4door1

^^^ Same as yours: MR263906. Maybe it wasn't an EVO VIII knob, but that is what it was promoted as. I think it was donated as a prize by Mach V Motorsports, so it probably is the one someone linked above.

BluFalcon

I have an EVO 8 knob on my GVR4, and like it a lot even if it's not weighted.

I have one of the OEM weighted knobs for my Talon. Looks good, nice weight and affordable. My only real complaint is that it has an insert with metal threads rather than plastic. Makes it kind of hard to line up the knob on the shaft for the shifter.

JNR

Isn't the EVO 8 a 6-speed, or maybe there are no markings on it?

I should look into one of these...I ended up getting the cheap one from a member awhile back (no leather coating) and need to replace; moral is to be sure to get pics from people, ha ha.

Last edited:

turbowop

Not all Evos are 6speeds. I have the heavy 2g knob and don't really like it. I think I'll put my old DSG knob back on the car.

Quoting JNR:
Isn't the EVO 8 a 6-speed, or maybe there are no markings on it?

I should look into one of these...I ended up getting the cheap one from a member awhile back (no leather coating) and need to replace; moral is to be sure to get pics from people, ha ha.

Just the MR's were 6 speed. Although what I really love is the factory VR4/GGSX leather wrapped "5speed" knob is wrapped over a stock rubber 4 speed Mirage knob. LOL Lunarshadow on here has his peeled back and its awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluFalcon

What he said. It's got a 5 speed pattern on top of the knob. The 3G Eclipse knob looks a lot like the EVO knob, screws right on but is slightly taller and available in black leather as well.
Quoting turbowop:
Not all Evos are 6speeds. I have the heavy 2g knob and don't really like it. I think I'll put my old DSG knob back on the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned