The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone bought this ebay o2?

my buddy had one.. there not to bad...beats the stock o2. I have a jmf o2 and man spool up is nice with one vs a stock cast part.

Andy_S

I have one. Haven't had a chance to run it, but it looks pretty nice. Needs a little clean up with a grinder because the workmanship isn't what you would find elsewhere. Other than that, it looks like a decent quality piece.

Terry Posten

Just my 2cents.

The O2 bung is not good for a WB O2 setup but OK for a stock sensor.

The turbo side gasket is not what I would use for this setup. It looks like (from the pictures) that it is a thick "fiber" gasket and I would only use the steel flat gasket. The fiber style wont hold up under the strain of our setups and would keep allowing the bolts to loosen up.

Other than that, if the exhaust flange is set so that you can use a "stock" replacement downpipe w/o any modifications, the part should work OK.

Andy_S

^ That reminds me. I forgot to mention that the gaskets and hardware aren't worth the materials they are made of. The bolts they came with aren't even the right thread pitch. Like mentioned, I would use different gaskets.

Brunoboy

thanks guys, im going to just port mine.....aha

pachood_1953

Yeah, I'v had the dump, and the recirculating housings. As already mentioned, they just need to be cleaned up a little bit, and the gaskets shouldnt be used.
For $65 (compared to 250+) I think they are very nice..I wouldnt hesitate to use it if your on a tight budget like I am.

I believe these are the same ones beaner (from here) sells. Thats where I bought my first one.

Polish

I had one on the 94 Talon I had last year, it was on when I got the car but it never gave me an issue. It was internally dumped but that was the best sounding DSMs I've had.

StarionESIR

I had also bought one from Beaner. When I was cleaning it up a little, I accidentally grinded thru one of the welds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif No more than 2 hours later I sold it to a guy locally for 40 bucks. I got one on my Colt too, but also hadnt had the chance to run it yet.

-Mike

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned