The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help: Need rear brake lines, Portland/Vancouver area

Barnes

Uhg. So I just finish driving over white pass in the middle of a snow storm. No biggie for me really. Well, get down from the pass, and my brakes goto the floor. Great.

So I end up driving another 80miles to Woodland with only the e-brake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Joy.

Well. Get the car pulled apart at my parents place. BOTH rear inner brake lines have burst near the connection to the outer line. My guess is all the snow driving I've been doing has beat them into submission.

So.... I'm trying to find rear inner brake lines today so I can get home to the Tri-Cities by sunday.

Anyone know of a decent Mitsu dealer in the Vancouver area?

I was also wondering what the rear inner brake line part number is so I can call the mitsu part dealers. Thanks in advance guys.

Barnes

Oh. Didn't think of that. He might have some laying around or something?

Barnes

True. Doesn't really matter though. We can't even get out of the driveway with our other car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Imagine 6-8" of slush. It's like driving through deep mud.

CarRacer

You could try hitting up Napa or something and bending your own hard line. A bender can't be more than $10.

They *should* stock line with metric fittings. Measure your old line best you can and get to it.

Barnes

Thanks CR. That was kinda what I was thinking as a backup plan. Once the roads clear enough, we're gonna check out NAPA first.

Last resort is to actually cap the rear fittings. I'll only have front brakes, and e-brake. That should be okay to get me back home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

004tsi

the rear inner lines with the wire wrap?
Cost less in vancouver can get ya raybestos brand lines, about ten bucks a side p/n bh38850
I have one brand new one in the pocket behind my driver seat, i'm in vancouver, could meet ya somewhere tonight or tomorrow after work if ya need it, i'll pm my number

here is there info http://www.costlessautoparts.net/
10507 NE 53rd Street,
Vancouver, WA 98662

(360) 254-5710

7215 NE Highway 99,
Vancouver, WA 98665

(360) 695-4423

Barnes

Big props to 004tsi! Costlessautoparts can get me two hoses for $12 this afternoon!! Thanks for the info! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barnes

Thanks guys. Got the hoses, and flare wrench. Wish me luck getting the damn fittings apart. Those things can be a biotch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Barnes

Fixed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had a very similar problem just a month or so ago....I took lines off my 1g dsm (awd talon) parts car, and it was not a problem. Cheap fix! Free, pretty much....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts