The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HKS BOV....???

Is this a real HKS. It came with the car i bought its nice quality.

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

any help. Thanks

89coltgt

Looks like the ssq with the recirc fitting to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

Yup looks just like mine

ApexHunter

^IIRC some of the older ssqv's didn't have an adjustment screw. I think that one is legit.

number3

Quoting turbowop:
Mine has an adjustment bolt on the backside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

So did mine and I bought one right when they came out. Mine also never said HKS (sticker) on it IIRC.

turbowop

I purchased mine in '03. It has HKS screen printed onto the unit, but that is starting to come off after so much time.

ApexHunter

I saw the variety with the screw and without listed for sale in this thread. click

All three were listed as genuine HK$ products........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

brisvr4

Some were made with the adjustment knob, some were made without.
I have never seen a copy go to all the trouble of screen printing a genuine HKS logo onto one.

The earlier versions came with a screw, the later ones didn't which is also evident on the current version 2 with the fins. The later ones were also sold with the gold HKS sticker in the box that one could choose to apply or not like the one pictured. I have one of both the old and new versions that I know is authentic because I got it from a friend that works at HKS. From all apearances the one pictured looks like the real deal.

Daryl

blacksheep

Quoting number3:
Quoting turbowop:
Mine has an adjustment bolt on the backside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

So did mine and I bought one right when they came out. Mine also never said HKS (sticker) on it IIRC.

The OLD HKS ones did. With the last batch of the SSQBOV v2 and new v3 like the one on mine, they have eliminated this adjustment as it proves to be more of a nuisance and people destroyed the BOV, I guess...I called and talked to HKS tech about this and thats what I was told...

blacksheep

Oh, yeah - this BOV is authentic. That yellow badging is a HKS thing. The fake ones were black stickered or embossed weirdly. You have the real deal there....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts