The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Top Secret no more(now with pics)

14bCrazy

I'm doing a bunch of powder coating tomorrow. Of some very cool stuff. I'll see if the owner will let me post some photo's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif By the way the owner is on here and makes some VERY cool stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:

BoostedAWD91

i have a guess who the owner is but ill wait to see if im right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ktmrider

I'm guessing a newer member who makes his own FPR mounting blocks?
If one in the same we gotta make him churn out more of those beauties....

GVR4_1057

What a great secret Rick. Who/what could it be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

14bCrazy

I don't know they it seems like it's some new guy. Your not new here so it can't be you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14bCrazy

A stock rail but he welded on the fitting and then Machined it to look trick.

14bCrazy

Now for the cool thing. Most of us buy an intake when me want one. Billy decided to build his himself.

The runners were made as long as he could to get some more torque.

It's hard to get a good photo of the inside but he made velicity stacks for each runner.

Instead of just beating the runners to make them square. He machined them to go from square to round then weld them on the the round tubes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Then he made his own flange and port the crap put of the opening to make them smooth as hell.

Last edited:

mean_green

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
Major props, I wish I had the resources and know how to pull something like that off. Thats is awesome!!

14bCrazy

I need posts BUMP!!!!!

324vr4

Your pieces look sharp. I like the IM's runner lengths...a dyno with new parts will definitely make me want you to make me one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif hint hint I'm curious where the torque will increase on the RPMs?!

DSMTurbo2

Great parts! You should know that there is a little more to selecting runner lengths than long or short. you need to make your selections based on which pressure wave you are aiming for. Research Helmholtz wave tuning. Some very interesting stuff. Not trying to take any wind out of sails. great craftsmanship and products.

Erik

GVR4_1057

I had some professional input on the development of this piece. Sure I didn't spend weeks on the flow bench, but I did a bit of homework as I did not want to build something that would work against me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned