The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what would you get

gmp

so iv'e been saving a bit of money, and with b-day money i maybe have the chance to get some nice wheels and tires. Im looking to spend up to 1000 for the whole deal,i have been really think about getting evo 8 enkei's but none seem to be around for sale now that i have the moeny for em.I have the 5 lug swap and 1g cut springs from the previous owner,i think i would like 17" or 18" what are you guys thoughts?

Oh and i also have a friend that can get me a bit better of a price on wheels and tires depending on what they are.

turbowop

With a 5lug swap, you have almost endless options. I would get 17x8's and try to find a +40 offset or so. 235's or 245/40's for tires. 18's can look cool, but you have better tire selection with 17's and you save some money. You really won't see any performance benefits from anything over 17" anyway.

i wouldn't go 18 dude it wouldn't ride as good and you'd probably rub like crazy stick with 17 or 16 with low profile tires and it will handle grate and your performance wont suffer as much , /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifvolk te 37 look sweat on our cars that's my 2c!

VR4ownzU

18's are too large. I wouldn't even consider that size. 17's look good for show and handle ALRIGHT. 16's handle great and look good but I see that's not an option on your list. 16x7-8" TE37s FTW!

Lonewolf64

While you are at it get rid of those awful cut springs and get some actual galant specific lowering springs. Eibach prokit comes to mind.

gmp

yeah,
cut springs will go soon enough if i get this bonus at work some hotbits c/o will maybe in the future.But i was think more along the 17" range too i had heard that it's the best looking but still with great function purpose.

Thanks guys im starting the search.....

VR4ownzU

Not a big fan of the Eibach springs. They make the front end sit higher than the back.

GVR-4

I would go with 17 x 8's as turbowop said. Either 5zigen fno1rc in hyper black or Kosei K-1 TS's.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts