The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rear axles???? wtf

MitchooO

so i proced ONE right rear axle today...and i thnk the guy was smoking crack because he said 800...something....and i said, what!?!?!? i thought he was messing with me, and their was a pause, and he said. 800 again......so i told him to have a nice day!....would that be pricing for a trans??? and the hole point of this post....whenre the hell can i find a new axle to buy??? i broke the axle off inside my diff and have it ready for another one, but cant seem to find any! ive already tried AAALLLLL local parts stores, junkyards, and veen triple nickel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif....haha, thanks for any replies!

381gvr4

pm sent.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Just a stock 3 bolt rear axle?

atc250r

Staff member
www.car-part.com is your friend. Also, a 3 bolt DSM without an LSD rear is the same.

John

MitchooO

ok so are the 3 bolt and 4 bolt aso the same spline??? and has anyone every heard of a shaft breakking INSIDE of the diff like mine did....it snapped the splines clean off exactly where it smooths out to meet the diff seal....its was very strang

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The 4 bolt axles are larger.

yes, they break off that way.

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, that's where they normally break when you're launching the car. Like Ice said, the 4 bolt ones are larger so they won't fit in the 3 bolt diff without switching the insides of the 3 bolt to those of a 4 bolt and at that point you might as well just swap over to a 4 bolt unless you are hell bent on keeping the 4WS.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned