The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO 8/ 9/ 10 coilovers

G

Staff member
Is it just me or do these evo 10 coilovers look like they will work on our cars?

dscn00951ld6.jpg

dscn0097tc2.jpg

dscn0101bq4.jpg

Last edited:

Champ_168

If you can get some measurements I can compare them to my Teins.
the evo X rears look deceivingly tall but looks to have the same mounting style.

If you put the galants front and rear together the rears are taller than the fronts by a good amount also.

You had evo 8 hks coilovers. were those all the same height?

thadirtybird

If you would like I have my Vr-4 tein's on my garage floor collecting dust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, In the morning I could knock the dust off of them and take some pics and measurements for you. Robert.

beaner

Doesn't a company like that offer aftermarket suspension for our cars with the *correct* mounts? I mean if you're putting a stock evo X suspension on for the cost of some washer shims and mild welding like the evo 8-9, cool. Otherwise is the evo x aftermarket setup not just the same thing with correct mounts? Why not just buy the right thing the first time around?

464/2K

There's only 1 company that sells the correct one, hotbits.... Or does jic still make some??

BoostedAWD91

Quoting thadirtybird:
If you would like I have my Vr-4 tein's on my garage floor collecting dust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, In the morning I could knock the dust off of them and take some pics and measurements for you. Robert.

or u could sell them to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thadirtybird

By any chance would anyone happen to know what the spring rating are on the evo 10 coil-overs? my tein's are 9k in the front and 7k for the rear. May help for spring rate comparison. Robert

G

Staff member
Quoting Beaner:
Doesn't a company like that offer aftermarket suspension for our cars with the *correct* mounts? I mean if you're putting a stock evo X suspension on for the cost of some washer shims and mild welding like the evo 8-9, cool. Otherwise is the evo x aftermarket setup not just the same thing with correct mounts? Why not just buy the right thing the first time around?

Yes tein did, but they are nla. Jic still does though. The rest of your question makes my head hurt.

thadirtybird

Here are a few pics form this afternoon, don't forget that you will still need a way to adjust your rear camber, such as a set of rear adjustable control arms. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

thadirtybird

full rear tein w/7k rear spring.

turbowop

I went out and jacked my car up to take measurements off my Tein HA coilovers.

On the rears I measured from the underside of the top mount to the center of the bottom mount.

On the fronts I measured from the underside of the top mount to the bottom of the strut.

I marked how I measured in red on both.

Rear: 21.25"
Front: 19.25"

These pics are from the last time I had them off the car. They are mounted at the moment.

Did anyone ever figure this out? Would be nice to know since it looks like with the evo X suspension, we might not need to do any welding (welding just scares me for suspension...)

kartorium

According to the measurements the rears would work, but lower the car just by bolting them on.

What about diameter of the mounting bushing on the evo x vs gvr4? Front lower mounts the same?

raptorWagon

I believe Alan(Whoodoo) has been working on using Evo 8/9 rear struts and X fronts.

Whoodoo

I sure am! I was kindly given the 8/9 rear struts and springs, but didn't have any 8/9 fronts. Found some stock evo X fronts for sale cheap and bought em (months ago). As far as all my measurements are concerned, the fronts seem to be nearly identical to the 8/9 evo fronts. The mounting holes are the same size and spacing. The mounting ears are also the same width apart. The top hats are a 3x120 pattern, so I opted to get camber plates and now everything is ready to bolt on.

HOWEVER... I'm not at home and the nearest GVR4 belongs to Tyler over in Ft. Drum and its been broken forever and getting it over here for a test fit is not a possibility.

I don't think evo X rears will work because from the pictures that I've seen they are a lot longer. I'm sure they would 'work' but would give you a nose down look to the max.

I had my friends set of Megan EVO X coilovers and did some measuring.

The front shocks are the same as the EVO8/9.

The rear are not what I thought.

They measured at 22.75" from the bottom of the top hat to the center of the bolt hole.

The Bolt hole is also way too small it will not fit at all.

I'll add the pictures when I can.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts