The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Windshield trim repair

Terry Posten

I bought all new clips for the front and rear molding around the glass due to it rattling and generally looking like crap.

I will be removing all the parts and cleaning/repainting them over the next few days while I have some down time.

Has anybody ever replaced all these parts and how hard is it to do?

Any tips for me before I start?

Mark

Found it's a lot easier to silicone (that the window guys use) the trim in w/the clips. They will never come out or rattle again.

Last edited:

1badgvr4

Quoting Terry Posten:
I bought all new clips for the front and rear molding around the glass due to it rattling and generally looking like crap.

I will be removing all the parts and cleaning/repainting them over the next few days while I have some down time.

Has anybody ever replaced all these parts and how hard is it to do?

Any tips for me before I start?

Could you take pics of the work.

Terry Posten

Yes, I will post them up when I get the bags out of the garage.

Mark

Part # for the front mouldings are.

MB477569
MB477362
MB477561

Thats the two side pieces and the top.

Clips
MB198536 top
MB567120 side

Terry Posten

OK, there MAY be some mis-information on this post. But then again, Mitsu is good at making the same part and having more than 1 part number depending on year.

Pictures are not nessissary. It is SIMPLE. Just be careful removing the trim so you don't bend it. The plastic clips just slide off and slide onto little pins just like the roof rails.

Clips that clip to the pin on the car, not the moldings
The rear clips are part number MB859143 (there are 14 total)
The front clips are part number MB198536 (there are 14 total)

There are 6 clips that are for the front side trim and I do not have that part number but it may be MB567120 as Mark stated. I did not need any of these, they were good still so they did not get replaced.

They worked like a champ.

Now for the good news for some of you. I still have quite a few left. I only replaced the broken ones.

I have 7 front clips (MB198536) and 11 of the rear clips (MB859143) left.

I will sell the rest for $3.00 each plus USPS cost. See my "for sale" post

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts