The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Edelbrock water injection?

anyone know how well the edelbrock water injection kit works? i am thinking of doing water injection and ebay has a few of these systems listed on it.

ken inn

crude, crude, crude. first off, the ONLY way it will work is squirting the nozzle into the compressor. this will cause excessive wear of the blades on the compressor wheel. this will be fine, until you destroy the wheel, then you get to buy a new turbo. you wanted that fp green anyway, right? you can build a better mousetrap, or, in this case, water injection, for about 150 bucks. use the aquamist nozzles, the finer the mist, the more heat it will remove. shurflo pump, 100 psi, shoot that bitch in there, whether you got boost or not. about 70 bucks. hobbs pressure switch, napa, about 30 bucks. tap into your windshield washer resevoir, free. want proof?
before wi
afc hi +7
rpm 7100
knock 3
timing 23
inj duty cycle 87%
after wi(and still tuning)
afc hi 0
rpm 7100
knock 0
timing 28
inj dc 76%

GVR-4

Ken, I know you use two nozzles. What are your intercooler pipes made of? Is rust a concern?

dp

thanks a ton ken. I that is exactly what i needed to know. I saw the injection system of vfaq.com and it seems easy enough to build. i guess the edelbrock really sucks, and i will be sure to stear clear of it!

ken inn

quote:Originally posted by GVR-4:
Ken, I know you use two nozzles. What are your intercooler pipes made of? Is rust a concern?

dp
yah, rust is a concern, the first set i had(rre pipes) was well used, and they did have light surface rust. the second set i did the best i could with this rustproof coating, and then i sprayed it best i could with rustoleum. i have taken off the pipe that connects to the t/bdy, and the one that connects to it, and i havent seen any rust yet. dont put the kabosh on my system.

GVR-4

I think your water injection rocks. No kabosh intended. Maybe you could get some muffler shop or some good fab guy to make a set outta stainless.
wink.gif

IF the need arises.

dp

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts