The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock Seat Weights

Since my sparcos aren't here yet I decided to remove the seats today and weigh them. All weights are seats and stock brackets only...

Driver's seat - 47 lbs
Passenger's seat - 40 lbs
Backseats - 30 lbs total (not very heavy)

This doesn't include belts or motors yet. I will post those weights later once I remove them and get the harnesses installed.

And I will let everyone know the weight of the sound deadener I am chipping out of the trunk when I ever finish (pita...)
smile.gif

6 point roll cage I hope
smile.gif
The car isn't going anywhere right now and will keep the stock belts until I (eventually) get a cage installed or fab up a temporary harness bar. I could bolt them to the backseat locations if they would reach.

Will let you know what I figure out...

turbowop

quote:Originally posted by Pivvay:

Driver's seat - 47 lbs
Passenger's seat - 40 lbs
Are you sure you didn't have a seven pound weight in the back pocket of the drivers seat when you weighed them?J/K:p I wonder why it weighed more. I had no idea they were that heavy. They didn't feel that heavy all the times I pulled them out. Maybe I'm just stronger than I thought....

"I wonder why it weighed more"

Probably the lumbar support adjustment that's on the drivers seat and not on the passenger side.

Just a guess.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts