The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

lip pic

boostx

where is the pic of the car with this lip on it

Chad989of2000

Is that an old Accord lip? Wish I could remember where I saw a GVR-4 with one of those on.

tsiboy

img.php

lip.jpg

here you go

Last edited:

boostx

sweet ,
its a lip made for the galant

kartorium

IIRC the picture of the silver galant is a replica of an original. I think he did or was considering making more out of fiberglass but getting them to the US would be hard (owner is from the phillipines or something). The discussion was a while ago.

Jostar

It be nice if someone would get a hold of one, Plus we need someone reliable to replicate that lip, I know in supramania they have a shop that replicates alot of body kits & are good quality.

Quote:
the profile is not that great

img.php

That's Gino's car from the Phillipines. The lip is a custom lip he made a mold of, but that picture boostx posted sure looks like the same thing.

4Grim

So whats up your sleeve John about this lip? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/idea.gif

boostx

its just a innocent question. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/idea.gif cough cough

boostx

This is what i have been working on.
I am trying to get made from Carbon fiber or urethane but I would favor the Urethane because it’s more forgiving and won't crack like the CF if it gets hit.
It will be able to fit the JDM and the USDM cars without a problem. It will be in two pieces with joining in the center.

Hey Kevin give me a call, I need your car for a test fit soon.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
I think a cf one piece would sell good.

4Grim

Um...if you are willing to drive to my house you can test fit the lip on the car. Its not moving anywhere anytime soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Do I get a special discount on this particular lip for being the test car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

91GSR

although a CF lip would be killer sweet, i think boostx is right, a urethane lip would be more forgiving to curbs/speedbumps/potholes etc. i know i have to go over 3 speedbumps to get to my apt and if i bought a CF lip and it got cracked with me going over a speed bump i would be livid!

chrisb33

This lip strikes me. Dont know if it's the same thing as previously posted here. Im going to have it custom made.

pics soon when done.

chris b

gvr4737

i tried forever to find a lip, money was no issue and i couldnt locate any for my jdm front.. the best luck i had was a 90 nissan 240sx lip. fit perfect, except sides were a tad short and than i came across a honda accord lip which fit nicely just a little bit off.. if back than i was comfortable with fiberglass like i am now im sure i coulda made one that was perfect atleast soo i could send it somewhere to replicate in c/f for the world of gvr4's to enjoy

boostx

This is what i have found out so far.. As for getting it made from Urethane is not looking too good so i might just have to do with the CF..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts