The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thermostat Sensors

I have a check engline light on my car, used the little buzzer technique and I pulled a code 21. Which is the engine coolant temperature sensor. Not this is the one that goes to the ecu correct? And this also isnt the one on the top of the upper thermo housing but on the bottom one correct?The one on the top of the thermo housing, whats that one called?
I know ill be needing both of these sensors and I always have a hard time getting the right parts for these cars, so could anyone help me with the caps number?
Thanks
Mike

The sensor on top and it is the biggest sensor is the coolanttemperature switch(AC).The one your looking for that looks like a upside T is the coolant temperature sensor.

Yeah, what he said... and it sticks out the FRONT of the housing with 2 wires coming out, Green/Black and Yellow/Green. The manual calls it the "Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor". I think its MD069879.
Jeff O.
#1886/2000

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts