The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Easiest way to fill your t-case and rear

BoostedAWD91

im sure some of you have already done this but i thought i would share anyway, i got sick of hasstle of trying to fill my t-case and rear with the hose/bottle trick so i came up with this way and it works amazing, took less time to fill up the rear than it did to jack the car up.
thanks

spoulson

That looks better and cleaner than using a hand fluid pump. Where did you get the pump from?

CO VR4

Just need to clean it very well, so you don't pump abrasive cleaner into your innards... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Terry Posten

For $6.00 you can go to Walmart and hit up the Boat lube section. The Quicksilver pump even threads onto the top of the bottle and the end of the flexible tube has a screw-on cap to keep from dribbling after you pull out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

curtis

For you that are going to do a rebuild on a tranny. On the top of the transmision near the mount theres a rasied spot thats just there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif You can drill a hole through it and then tap for the largest pipe tap fitting you have then after install you can run a rubber hose up next to the fuse box and put a cap in the hose. Mine is a bolt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then when its time to fill attach the hose to a funnel and pour and wait. I remove the front fill plug until it runs out. Usually takes about 30 min. or so.

I always wanted to mount a pump on it and a cooler so that the bottom drain could be where the pump draws through a one way check valve then into a filter, then cooler then back into the top where it would be constantly washing the gear sets down with fuild. Maybe a better idea would be drill it so it sprays the bearings. I'll probably do it during the next rebuild if I can source out a bad boy pump.

BoostedAWD91

Quote:
For $6.00 you can go to Walmart and hit up the Boat lube section. The Quicksilver pump even threads onto the top of the bottle and the end of the flexible tube has a screw-on cap to keep from dribbling after you pull out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

you got it, thats where i got it. its in the boat oils and stuff section its used for pumping oil into boat motors, i also saw them at Gander Mtn, they are like $10, very clean and hastle free way to do it.

BoostedAWD91

Yeah i think i know what ur talking about, i have used a plug thats on the top of the tranny before and just taking of the fill plug to know when its full and it worked fine and made it 100 times easier, might be what ur talking about

Quote:
For you that are going to do a rebuild on a tranny. On the top of the transmision near the mount theres a rasied spot thats just there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif You can drill a hole through it and then tap for the largest pipe tap fitting you have then after install you can run a rubber hose up next to the fuse box and put a cap in the hose. Mine is a bolt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then when its time to fill attach the hose to a funnel and pour and wait. I remove the front fill plug until it runs out. Usually takes about 30 min. or so.

I always wanted to mount a pump on it and a cooler so that the bottom drain could be where the pump draws through a one way check valve then into a filter, then cooler then back into the top where it would be constantly washing the gear sets down with fuild. Maybe a better idea would be drill it so it sprays the bearings. I'll probably do it during the next rebuild if I can source out a bad boy pump.

I believe the trans cooler idea has already been done by that NW Lucas guy.

Search his posts on posdsm.

spoulson

Quote:
On the top of the transmision near the mount theres a rasied spot thats just there.

The FSM method is to use the front fill plug and fill up to that point to prevent overfilling. I'm not sure it would help to do it any other way.

CP

Quote:
I believe the trans cooler idea has already been done by that NW Lucas guy.

Search his posts on posdsm.

"CJForce" has a trans cooler setup on his racecar in the RF fender well with a fan mounted on it, but I can't remember if he did a write-up on it.

belize1334

I just use a piece of silicon hose routed down through the engine bay with a funnel on the top. That gets the transmission and the xfer case. The rear end is still a pain. i like the idea of the 20cc syringe though.

gtluke

dre had a cooler on his 2g like a decade ago
i have the pump and 1 gallon jug for rears/tcases.
trans i use the synchroshift so i just jam the bottle up in there.

RayH

I filled a surgical glove with fluid and then squeezed it through a hose that was rubber banded around the open end.

BoostedAWD91

i just had to turn the bottle of its side and then could pump it right in quick and not a drop spilled.

Quote:
I just use a piece of silicon hose routed down through the engine bay with a funnel on the top.

For about $2 I bought a funnel that had a 2 ft long flex tube attached. Run it down from the engine bay to the fill hole. But the pump thing is a great idea.
Mike R.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts