The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fresh motor & 3kgt brakes on #826

After the latest upgrades, the stock motor couldn't handle it:

IMG_2437.jpg

So in go JE pistons, Eagle rods, ARP hardware, balance shaft removal, and more. I learned how to assemble the pistons & "pop" them into the cylinders. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IMG_2435.jpg

VR4010.jpg

While the car was down, why not upgrade the brakes:

VR4012.jpg

VR4015.jpg

After everything was put together:
(don't mind the missing window trim)

VR4022.jpg

VR4019.jpg

VR4024.jpg

VR4026.jpg

464/2K

so fresh and so clean!
outkast_urb.jpg

you need some amber corners!!!!!

slugsgomoo

looks great. are those the newer JE's that have the quench dish like the Ross pistons? Also, are those rota's or works wheels? I love the look, and the color with the grey. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

rheckert

Didn't you have slip streams before? Any paricular reason for the change if so?

Car is looking great. More POWAH!

IncorpoRatedX

that's one niiiiiiiiice lookin car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

464/2K

also are the wheels painted Kg grey?

CO VR4

Magnus pistons have had the quency configuration like that for years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

slugsgomoo

Quote:
Magnus pistons have had the quency configuration like that for years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know, I have a set of ross 9:1 from magnus sitting on my bookcase here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

They're quite expensive though.

Quote:
Didn't you have slip streams before? Any paricular reason for the change if so?

Car is looking great. More POWAH!

The old wheels were 4 lug. The new ones are Rotas painted KG.

Now that it's together, I need to break the motor/clutch in. Sucks I can't run at the Import Showdown this weekend to see what it can do. Mike ran a 12.5 with the last set up. I however have not broke into the 12's yet. I'm kind of a rookie at the track.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Those appear to be 18's if I read the tire right. What offset and width? I am looking at getting some of those here soon.

spartan

Your car looks sooooo clean man, great job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

strokin4dr

Quote:
Your car looks sooooo clean man, great job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

^^^ WOman!!!
This is a very nice and clean car. I have seen it in person in Atlanta at nopi nationals two years in a row, but the owner is never around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe I will get a chance to meet you guys this year and see that project AWD colt hatch complete.

-Ryan

***edit***
Is that new paint since last year?

Last edited:

Very nice Jenn. The combo looks hot & changing the wheel colors gives the car a very mature look. The brakes looks awesome as well behind the wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

^ Well the Colt is semi complete. We actually took it to NOPI last year. My brother worked the kinks out of it so it runs better, the fuel cell needs to be enclosed & it needs to be tuned. The paint is not new. Mike actually wrecked the front end, so the paint on the fenders, hood, & bumper is all new.

Quote:
Those appear to be 18's if I read the tire right. What offset and width? I am looking at getting some of those here soon.

18 x 8's The offset is the same as an evo... 35 I think.

Brianawd

Cleaner than 1051 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts