The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Saturn Exhaust Mannifold studs

Possible replacement for exhaust manifold studs which will permit you to remove studs for easier exh. mannifold removal: Saturn p/n 11518152 under $10 for a set. The Saturn studs have a male torx head so you can turn them in or out without double nutting. And you don't need the torx wrench cuz a 6mm 6-pt socket does the trick. Or is it 5mm? Middle age is setting in. I hope you can access this photo:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126912&stc=1

slugsgomoo

that sounds pretty nice. they are the correct thread size & pitch? Is there a discussion about it on rennlist? you do have to be registered to see the image though, so here it is

ken inn

those nuts are copper COATED. copper aint magnetic, these nuts are. the later style bmw nut has a larger "shoulder" and an alloy helicoil. they are really trick

JB

Link and price?

JB

I thought Ken was talking about a different stud, i was inquiring about for info on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif sorry about that.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Quote:
those nuts are copper COATED. copper aint magnetic, these nuts are. the later style bmw nut has a larger "shoulder" and an alloy helicoil. they are really trick

ken what's that dam bmw part # again ?

BMW nuts are about $2.50 EACH and you need 9. Not in my budget for a one-time-use item.

ken inn

18 10 7 523 805

i also upgraded to ss studs. cost more, but i consider it cheap insurance. the bmw nuts NEVER come off by themselves, but when you need to, they are easy to remove, and i have reused them. the "shoulder" is really big and thick. they fit perfect.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts