The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New storage place

curtis

Well while cruising the junkyard I found a storge box in an 94 galant. Well it has a door. I thought thats cool so I went over to a 91 model and installed it and made sure it would worky. Well its installed now, it screws onto the factory brackets that hold the radio in place. Before anyone says anything I redrilled my brackets so the radio sits deeper in the hole. You have to use the double hole surround piece MB 521425. Ther is also a cup holder that would fit but not both.

Just though I would share the wealth. Palms fit, normal sized wallets and phones .....out of site out of mind. Any who here's pictures

Rausch

thats a nice find!!!

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, that looks good Curtis. I think there was a "mini group buy" on them a while back. Oh, and I'm diggin' the Alpine 3 disc changer most of all! Teh ol' skool hawtnezz!

John

Hertz

Staff member
Looks like the same part that is in Monteros, too, probably others... If anyone can get a part number...

atc250r

Staff member
Part numbers are listed like this:

MR167270 - WITH LID

MB877180 - WITHOUT LID

I'm assuming the first number is the one you want. I had one in my Mighty Max and I'm pretty sure a CD in its case will fit as well. It's a great place to hide an EBC, VPC, Turbo Timer, or SAFC too.

John

boostx

i paid under $20 new from the dealer

Romanova

Heading to the dealer this week for one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

maroonmetallic

That looks awesome.

I did something a little different in my car.
I used a factory 'radio blockout plate'.
They fit perfectly over our existing pockets.

Mark LaVallee

I just came upon a set of the Evo gauges that fit in the other radio slot.
My factory 2001 CD changer needs to find a new place to live. (using a Montero Sport patch cord.)

Last edited:

curtis

Quote:
Yeah, that looks good Curtis. I think there was a "mini group buy" on them a while back. Oh, and I'm diggin' the Alpine 3 disc changer most of all! Teh ol' skool hawtnezz!

John

I was wondering if any one would notice. I got the alpine from the city police aution. 30 dollars. Bid out a drug dealer wanting his stuff back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts