The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bosch 044 vs Walbro 255

Here is a little comparison between the two pumps. Obviously Walbro 255 is on the left and Bosch 044 is on the right.

Edit: WAaaaalBrooo -Hz

Last edited by a moderator:

you cant really compare them, one is an internal, the the other is an external pump

fastasleep

The Bosch is a beast. My friend Dave, just upgraded to it after outflowing his 255. He put down 470whp on the walbro though.

If you want big flow from an extenal, look at turbo Porsche stuff. They have monster flowimg units.

turbowop

Quote:
If you want big flow from an extenal, look at turbo Porsche stuff. They have monster flowimg units.

That's what the Bosch 044 is from anyway.

grocery_getter

Last edited:

Im thinking to run the bosch inline and leaving the welbro 255hp intank. Any thoughts on that?

If I were to do that I would run the standard pressure Walbro and use the Bosch unit to boost the line pressure. If you were to use the HP Walbro you may be hurting flow, but as to my knowledge that's just speculative at this point.

Nate

I run the 044 as an internal pump, and it seems to work just fine. Takes some modification, but worth it for the flow.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned