GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » General VR4 Discussions » GReddy Profec B Spec 2 Gain adjustment,
Previous thread Next thread

GReddy Profec B Spec 2 Gain adjustment,

Boostin21
rather stellar

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 320557 posted 03/24/06 12:49 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Alright i have a greddy profec 2 boost controller. i had it installed on my last car and i kept dickin with the gain setting and i never got it right i think. i dont know the instructions seem all jibberish to me.
For those who dont know what gain is, its used to adjust boost consistency it adjusts the sensitivity of the valve control.
Well i guess no one can truthfully help me but i plan on running an evo 16g and about 18 psi for high setting and 11 for low. what gain are you guys running, or what can you guys recommend i run.
thanks a bunch yo

1991 Eclipse GSX << High Comp - E85 - Big Turbo
1997 Nissan D21 Hardbody (winter drifter)

Garage Built Motorworks

Posts: 1173 | From: Wisconsin, USA | Member Since: 11/24/04 | IP: (68.254.174.39) | Report this post to a Moderator

ken inn
BJ Titsengolf lifer

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 320578 posted 03/24/06 07:03 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
iirc, the gain is set real low. i thought the dual boost feature was useless. i just kept it on 18 lbs all the time. the thing works excellent, whatever level you set the boost at, it is right on. but it is a mofo to read. also, whatever crazy language the number system is in, i could never figger out. one of them was supposed to be psi, and another kpsi, but they just dont make sense. i used my boost gauge to set boost. check with andrew newton, he bought my car, houston. i think i gave him an excellent write up in language a normal person can understand, it was on one of the other groups, and was very good. just like the mike jackson article on afc tuning.

A Veteran is some one who at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to the government for any amount up to and including my life.

Remember Freedom is not Free!

Posts: 7529 | From: krum texas | Member Since: 02/23/01 | IP: (64.240.175.191) | Report this post to a Moderator

RayH
561/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 320592 posted 03/24/06 07:53 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
The instructions that it should have come with:

How To Tune Your Greddy Profec B spec II

Posts: 2697 | From: NJ | Member Since: 04/09/01 | IP: (167.211.190.2) | Report this post to a Moderator

ken inn
BJ Titsengolf lifer

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 320640 posted 03/24/06 11:01 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
THAT'S IT. makes the tuning easy.

A Veteran is some one who at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to the government for any amount up to and including my life.

Remember Freedom is not Free!

Posts: 7529 | From: krum texas | Member Since: 02/23/01 | IP: (64.240.175.191) | Report this post to a Moderator

evomrguy
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 321325 posted 03/26/06 05:54 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
I believe for mitsu they recommend a gain setting of 3 clicks

| | | IP: (66.215.150.34) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1122

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.215 seconds in which 0.202 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page