The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fresh air door won't stay closed

I think my heater core is a little clogged. My heat isn't the greatest. But this week while on a trip up to the mountains, I noticed my fresh air switch slides to the left at highway speeds. I pushed it back to recirculate, but it moves back to the middle.
I guess I won't get the best heat with that open half way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
I think this is a door that lets in fresh air, right? Is there a spring or something that keeps it closed? Anyone else have/had this problem?
Thanks

RayH

There's actually a TSB on this. All you have to do is get to where the cable attaches to the door. If I recall correctly you have to remove the glovebox. The cable is just friction fitted to the door mechanism and you just have to adjust it enough so it stays shut. Once you see it it's pretty easy to figure out.

s_firestone

Sometimes installations or work on or around the stereo, ECU, evaporator or heater core can cause this. It's easy for a wire or part of the harness to get pushed up against the cable assembly.

Hey thanks for the replies. The PO did install a stereo, so maybe that's it. I'll take out the glove box and see what I can find. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CP

Mine does the same thing...quirk of the car.

gtluke

cool i was going to make a post about this. its kinda of annoying but not enough for me to try and figure it out. now at least i know what part of it gets loosy goosy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IncorpoRatedX

mine did this when i first got my car.. a simple drop of the glove box (no tools required, just squeeze the sides and left it fall forward) then the cable is sitting right in front of you, adjust it a little and put the glove box back up like it belongs, takes all of 3 minutes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mines like to adjust itself when driving fast. it will just go to the middle if i have it on recurcilate(? spelling).

IncorpoRatedX

then you need to adjust it so it's tighter...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned