The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who rebuilds ISCs?

BlitzVR4

Does anyone repair these things? I am tired of buying the ones at the junk yards. I have 3 sitting in my garage.

Jonas
533/1000

Yiuwa

If you try to dissemble an ISC there are 2 coils there. Use the multimeter and measure their resistance according to vfaq. Among 3 of your ISCs if you can get 2 good coils you should be able to make-up a good ISC. Don't take my word on it as I haven't try it out myself - I have only one decent coil around

Let us know how it goes, and good luck

Yiuwa

Do as Yiuwa say. Remember to lube the ball bearing before putting everything back. Check and see if there is any sign of coolant remain and change the o-ring on the throttle body.

jogalant

These guys don't repair but sell rebuilt for $90. They'll take your ISC as a core for $15.

http://www.crebotech.com/

If you're sick and tired of dealing w/ the ISC I have a spare FIAV/ISC blockoff plate for sale. PM me if you're interested.

I took mine out recently and although there was nothing wrong with my ISC/FIAV, I'm eliminating the chance of my ecu frying again. I have no problem starting the car in sub-freezing temps.

Last edited:

BlitzVR4

Thanks for everyones reply I will try replacing some of the coils. Time to play Dr. Frankenstin.

Jonas
533/1000

When you check those coils, if any are very LOW resistance they're useless, although they may be able to be rewound, but if you find one that reads completely OPEN i.e. doesn't make your meter read at all, have a good look at where the fine winding wire is soldered to the terminals. One of mine wasn't soldered properly and so wasn't making a connection. You may be able to resolder one like that and fix it. Mine turned out OK.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts