The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone got detailed exterior dimension of a GVR4?

DarkDevilMMM

my stupid vechicle design class wants us to draw a car as detail as possible using solidworks, so I am just wondering if anyone have a GVR4 dimension in drawing or if you have a solidwork file or autocad file of the car, that's even better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif TIA

14u2nV

Get a tape, and go measure it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheater! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:

Quote:
my stupid vechicle design class wants us to draw a car as detail as possible using solidworks, so I am just wondering if anyone have a GVR4 dimension in drawing or if you have a solidwork file or autocad file of the car, that's even better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif TIA

I have a solid works file, autocad file and 3d studio max file of a 1g awd talon. Every part from the front bumper to the rear tail lights.

DarkDevilMMM

hehe, 1G also good, as long as I don't need to use a tape measure and I can turn in the damn homework, it's all good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, actually, getting the measurement and drawing on solidworks is the first step, then I have to disect the car, using Working model and MSC.visualNastran 4D to do the analysis of different aspect of the parts.... yeah... a professor from NASA is teaching the class, he seems like he's teaching MIT students and we are all working in Langely Research center....

Who's your prof? I might know him...

Be glad he is doing things the way he is. You are getting a higher education and will be a step ahead when you get out into the workforce.

fastasleep

^ that doesnt do much good without a key

teet

He has to take all kinds of detail measurements to put it in solid works. If you print that out...its a hell of a lot easer to take those measurements than going out with a tape measure to the actual car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Its just a picture from the shop manual anyways...that's where the key is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I just have it handy cause thats what I gave to the graphic desiger to sketch pretty designs on...back in the day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

john

powerplay

Here is the drawing with the information that makes it worth something. Click on it and it will be easier to read.

DarkDevilMMM

awesome guys!!! that's ecactly what I needed, I can just guesstimate the rest of the numbers, since I beat on my car everyday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

p.s. I am in class right now and he's blabbing about the design and techincal stuffs about tires... blar blar graphs.... blar blar deform... blar blar thread.... blar blar blar, which reminds me I need to get some new rubbers soon....

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts