The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Injector O-ring Sources

JNR

Is the dealer the only place to get the O-rings and isolators for the fuel injectors? (I saw the part number in How-to section, thanks Steve)...Can I get these from, say, Napa (I don't like going to the dealer unless absolutely necessary)?

I bought some (used) injectors and they came with o-rings and isolators, with an isolator on the head side and one on the rail side and an O-ring where it goes into the rail...does this sound right? In other words, how many should I get?

Thanks!

atc250r

Staff member
I wouldn't trust a non OEM part for something that crucial to my car not burning up. They are really cheap and I would suggest getting all three of the o-rings on each injector:

Top of fuel rail side: MD614813
Bottom of fuel rail side: MD614805
Bottom of injector/intake mani side: MD087060
Fuel rail mounting isolators: MD095402 (x3)

John

I got mine at http://www.diamondstarmotorsport.com/fuelparts.shtml
Maybe not the best deal, but it was easy to find.

Yes, there are 3 rubber parts per injector. Since it's not critical
to the seal, most people just reuse the middle part, but get new
lower insulators and upper o-rings.

When you get to installing, here's a few things I observed:

o There's some little round plastic dohickies between the rail
and plenum that the bolts pass through. These things like to
fall off and get lost while you are trying to align the rail.

o The TPS sensor and some other stuff prevents a real easy path
to removal and installation of the rail. If you're patient, this
isn't a problem, but you'll have to tilt the rail a bit and work the
injectors in one at a time. The only thing I had to remove was
the fuel line to rail connection. TB and the AFPR stayed in place.

o The o-rings tear easily. Don't force anything. I put a little
silicone grease on both the o-ring and insulator as well.

chucklesas

I bought a set from Buschur, but then again I buy everything from Buschur.

JNR

Great info...Thanks, guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I want to put these in soon, but make sure I use all new rubber and stuff and this will help...I'll probably go ahead and stock up now, as it sounds like one of those maintenance things we should be doing on a regular basis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

fastasleep

I replaced my injector o-rings just yesterday with the Injector Seal kit from Extreme PSI. Cost me a total of $22 shipped to my door.

- Make sure to lube up the seals before you put them on. I sprayed them down with silicone spray, but Im sure WD40 would work just as well.

- Yes, the spacers that the fuel rail bolts run through do like to fall out a lot. Have some needle-nose pliers handy. And if you happen to lose one of those awesome Mitsu feats of engineering, the injector wire clips, you can make one out of a paperclip lol I did.

- I unbolted the fuel rail at the FPR. When doing so, a fair amount of fuel dumped onto the intake mani. Have a rag handy underneath of it and the injectors (when you pull them off the rail) to soak up the spilled gas.

Which one of these is not like the others? My busted o-ring was responsible for my phantom knock/boost leak/cummy idle. Like it has been said, this should definitely be a part of regular maintenance.

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
I would HIGHLY recommend using some sort of lube on the O-rings when installing the rail/injectors. It makes it much easier and greatly reduces the risk of cutting one of them.

John

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Especially if there have been any mods to the injectors. I had a pintle cap replaced on one of mine, and when I installed it, it tore the lower seal because it was just SLIGHTLY larger. Lubed it up and it went in much better.

steve

Quote:
I wouldn't trust a non OEM part for something that crucial to my car not burning up. They are really cheap and I would suggest getting all three of the o-rings on each injector:

Top of fuel rail side: MD614813
Bottom of fuel rail side: MD614805
Bottom of injector/intake mani side: MD087060
Fuel rail mounting isolators: MD095402 (x3)

John

I'll add this to the Archive too:

ken inn

i always use new o rings/seals when installing injectors. unless the injector is new, i always get them cleaned and flowed, and cruzin performance gives new o rings/seals with every injector. 12.00/per, it is a deal.

yeah i had my PTE injectors and after the first time of taking off the oring was bad... i took the orings off the stock injector and they work the best so id suggest the OEM orange ones.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts