The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

quick ? When was the first jdm galant vr4 produced?

I have been searching for the last hour and i haven't found any definite answers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know for sure they were produced in 1988, but I have a feeling that they may have been produced in '87, 'cause I'm pretty sure that the e39a bodyshell was first produced in '87, so it's possible that's when the first VR4 was made. But they were definitely around in '88.

Mike,

1987 was when the first JDM VR4's were built.
I own an 88, but have seen a few 87's around.
they are the same as the 88's.
Have different spot/corner lights, tail lights, spoiler and interior to a 90+ JDM.
But the paint doesnt seem to crap out on the silver 88's like it does on the silver 90+ ones :p

from the jap-CAPS =
E39a-00000001 left the factory on 1/09/87 and
E39a-00029230 finished the run on 3/03/92

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts