The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got springs

curtis

Well called a friend of mine this morning and he was stripping out a car after a flywheel explosion. It was a fwd laser. Well I got a set of eibach progressive rates for front and rear and a new set of gr2's for the front. I took a chance and kept the strut mounts for the front off the laser. They are not as tall but fit and line up with everything. All the stuff was only on the car for a few monthes.
Just thought I would show them off. Now I need to clean up my car and get some new tires for the 17's sitting in the garage.

in the 1st pic your rear looks a little dumped.

I was told over and over that the DSM springs will drop the rear more that the front.
if your ride isn't sitting even you might want to look into getting a set of 2G rear pillow mounts.

I run 1G DSM AGX/Sportlines and I used the 2G rear mounts, and my car sits almost dead even. (my rear is less than a 1/4 inch lower than the front)

Also, since your running the DSM front upper mounts (I do too) you can spin them 180 degrees and use the front mounting holes. Doing this will increase the caster. (strut forward) you will have to realign the front afterward though.

AND I think your headlights are pretty cool ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

Is the 2nd gen rear tops the same on the fwd and all wheel drive cars if so I'll hit the junk yard.

The car handles night and day different than it did with the talon springs and cheap ass monroes on it. The rear is dumped a little more than I wanted but this was needed and to good of a deal to pass up. I'll change the rear mounts in a few weeks when I pull the rear steering and install the 4 bolt stuff.

I'm also planning to built some adjustable arms back there if I have the time.

VR4ownzU

Quote:
in the 1st pic your rear looks a little dumped.

I was told over and over that the DSM springs will drop the rear more that the front.
if your ride isn't sitting even you might want to look into getting a set of 2G rear pillow mounts.

I run 1G DSM AGX/Sportlines and I used the 2G rear mounts, and my car sits almost dead even. (my rear is less than a 1/4 inch lower than the front)

Also, since your running the DSM front upper mounts (I do too) you can spin them 180 degrees and use the front mounting holes. Doing this will increase the caster. (strut forward) you will have to realign the front afterward though.

maybe this is why my rear is so much lower than my front...I hate it.

AND I think your headlights are pretty cool ^_^

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned