The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New guy here with a fresh VR4 *pics*

fastasleep

Hello all,

My name is Ben, Im 19, and Im a student at Virginia Tech. I like candle-lit dinners, long walks on the beach, and mint condition Galant VR4s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I recently acquired this incredible marvel of modern mechanics from my grandfather in San Antonio. He was the originial owner in '91 and paid approx. $23,000 for the vehicle at that time. Since then, he rarely drove the car, kept it extremely clean, and always had it garaged. Instead of selling the nile black model 197/2000 to a mitsu dealer in texas for the $7,000 that he was offered for it, he decided to keep it in the family. *Enter me* Obsessed car freak who was scrubbing dishes in a dining hall at VT to save for a 300ZX. Over winter break, my father and I bought one-way plane tickets to San Antonio, and drove back the VR4 and a '98 626 for an incredibly generous price. Ive only been home a few days, but its been inspected, emissions tested, and had an oil change. I forgot to mention that it only has 65,000 miles on the odo. Sorry, for the long intro. I just wanted to convey the fact that I understand how rare of a car this is, and to assure you that I will continue to keep it at the level of its current condition. Finally, pics:

vvulfeso-CD003.JPG

vvulfeso-CD011.JPG

vvulfeso-CD007.JPG

vvulfeso-CD008.JPG

vvulfeso-CD026.JPG

vvulfeso-CD029.JPG

CD041.JPG

CD042.JPG

CD043.JPG

Man that thing looks great! Welcome to the board. I like the backdrop of the pictures as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Holy WOW, that has to be the cleanest stock VR4 I have ever seen. Your headlights still look NEW.
Amazing, Nice ride dude

VR4ownzU

wow that thing is clean. The pictures are great. I agree....good backdrop.

p.s. completely stock? I would keep it that way.

hot dam that looks nice !!! looks like its fresh of the showroom floor !!! dayam thats nice, make sure it stays thet beautiful..welcome to the board

14bCrazy

Oh my god that car looks nice. I don't know that I could mod one that is that stock. How much do you want for it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Welcome!!!!

14bCrazy

Are you from Blacksburg or from somewhere else in Va? I'm in Winchester.

G

Staff member
DAM, looks good, you want to sell it ?

steve

That thing is so clean I want to smack you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

lol

powerplay

Congratulations! Your car looks brand new. Your grandfather certainly took great care of the car. You should be in for a lot of "Smile Miles" behind the wheel of your new treasure.

fastasleep

Thanks for all the comments guys. Im forever indebted to my grandfather for giving me such a good deal on such a car. Sorry guys, its not for sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. He told me that if Im ever interested in selling it that he wants to buy it back from me. Im not sure if that day will ever come cause I like to car soo much. Yes its bone stock, but so tempting to mod. In the interest of resale, keeping it stock would be best, but It wont ever be sold to anyone but my grandfather. Im looking at defi boost and air/fuel ratio gauges, but I want to build up at least $500 cash reserve in case of emergency maintenance issues. Keeping it running in good order is my number one priority. Nothing but the best quality mods will ever touch the car, and Ill keep all the stock parts so I have the option of returning it to its current state. But thats way down the line, Im content enjoying it how it came from japan.

Oh yea, Im from Fredericksburg, but Ill be in Blacksburg for school spring semester.

Last edited:

oh my that is nice. looks like its never even had an oil leak, the head is still aluminum colored. ive never seen anything like that, man our cars look good like that

that car is immaculate, very clean even down to the shiny intake pipe. I also have to comment on the excellent photography. Nice choice of background and picture quality/lighting.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

wow, thats a mint looking vr-4. i bet it drives like new too.
good luck with the car and welcome to the board.

boostx

thats realllllllllly nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts