The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pictures of recent work Manute's car

Bimmubishi

edit: pics are now located HERE

These are some pics of recent work at the shop. Mark's car is getting a new oil filter housing, new oil supply lines, turbo gaskets, coolant lines, TB coolant bypass, EVO 8 IC install, IC pipes, Intake pipe, Maft T installation, fuel kit adjustment, oil return line (ours) and several other things. He's a patient guy and it's starting to pay off. Check out some of the progress.

The IC pipes are 2.5 inch 304 stainless. The kit, if we make one will have Alu pipes, maybe anodized red but we are reluctant to make a one size fits all kit as everyone has different equipment.

For the IC we welded stainless bosses to the car and used them to mount the IC on it's original perches. It's precisely in the middle because we mapped the front of the car.

markic1_gif.jpg

here's the whole thing with the bumper just placed on.

makric2_gif.jpg

The J-pipe replacement 2.25 flaring to 2.5 inch via seamless cone.

markic3_gif.jpg

Some other random pics

One of our shiftknobs in a VT Sportscar Subaru rally car..

DSG%20shift%20knob_jpg.jpg

We have a Silvia conversion going on at the shop. Hopefully it will be done by the time of the open house. Here's a catch can that Bill mocked up (we're going to make more)

catchcansilvia2_gif.jpg

I think those are the only ones I was sitting on. Cross my fingers that the pics show up...

Last edited by a moderator:

Romanova

How about some sort of catch can that is specific for ours. I have a new style Greddy one and it is too big IMO... no where good to mount it...

Love the IC pics!

marvinmadman

Quote:
How about some sort of catch can that is specific for ours. I have a new style Greddy one and it is too big IMO... no where good to mount it...

Love the IC pics!

How about one that sits in the "clamp" that used to hold the charcoal canister? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Romanova

I would! Have to get a new clamp though as mine is in a landfill somewhere with the rest of my emissions stuff...

How about a coolant catch can that goes where my ABS used to?
lol.gif
Just joking. I'm probably the only one that wants taht so I'll fab it meself.

Al, that looks sweet man. It looks like the bumper support is basically nonexistent in the middle. I had wanted to avoid that on my car because it seems that on every Galant that I've seen w/o that, the bumper sags in that area. Is there any way around that?

Bimmubishi

Sean, I called you back this afternoon. Give me a call tonight.

There are several ways. One is a thin tube over the top welded on, the other, a more elaborate X brace like the WRC Ford Focus. We can do either. I know the "sag" you're talking about.

AL

steve

Al all your pics are teh broken! Still got them somewhere else? I will fix the image links.

jepherz

Staff member
yeah, WTF, I can't see the pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

skivittlerjimb

Shuweet set up, Al. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

FYI on Manute Bol, when he was with the Wash. Bullets back in the 80s there was a lot of local press on him in the D.C. area media. He used to drive a Ford Bronco II with the front seat removed, kind of like Bubba Smith driving Steve Guttenberg's Civic 1200 in the movie Police Academy, sitting in the back seat. "Hey, this is fun!"

-Jim B.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts