The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vr4 coilovers on a zr4?

galantgti

How do you guys think about putting vr4 specific coilovers on a zr4? I mean, there's a difference in weight, dynamics and dimensions between the two. Would the rear coilovers do for the hatchback as well?

tektic

You put the desired spring rates in based on the difference in weight. There is no zr4 in the usa. I’ve no idea what your talking about. If it’s awd it probably has the same rear subframes and upper rear strut mounts are pretty universal for most Mitsubishi cars. Coilovers are usually height adjustable depending on which you get. What issue are you expecting to run into?

galantgti

It's the hatchback version of the vr4. Bit beefier and heavier on the back.

My main concern was the weight difference. I was wondering if the extra 75 kg constantly was worth an extra concern or that it doesn't matter so much. Would it cause extra wear per example ?

tektic

extra wear, no. The desired spring pressure should be calculated for additional weight. That should be all.

ApexHunter

75 kg and a slight difference in CG shouldn't be an issue. You can experiment with little increases in rear spring preload and damping to get it feeling a bit firmer as needed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts