The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Something new (rear seat related)?

PJGross

When I bought #490/1000, I was the 3rd owner. First, a lady in Boston, then a kid in Lowell, and then me. When I looked at the back seatbelts, I thought someone took out the seat and was too lazy to put the seatbelts through their holes. Of course, I was too lazy to put them in after I realized I'd have to loosen the bolts to get enough room...

Well, forward 19 years later. Today I was giving the seats their annual leather treatment, and decided I would take out the rear seat to clean and finally route those belts since I couldn't feel the hole with the seat back in place.

Well, well, well. What did I find but factory sealed holes in my seat back. Was this a dealer task that was overlooked? My car has never had the rear seat belts through the seat and I'm not going to change it now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone else have this or did the dealer do their job and punch the holes in the fabric behind the seat?

A little quirk, I guess. Can't believe it took me that long to actually pull 3 bolts to check out what was back there.

-PJ

fuel

They aren't holes the seat belts are meant to go through, they are pockets where you can curl up the belts and buckles and stow them away in there.

PJGross

Ha! ‘92 luxury right there. Well, that’s a nearly 20 year old mystery solved. I didn’t think they lined up very well anyway! 😂

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I thought the same thing about them coming through about ten years ago, then realized it was as Fuel said. I think I saw a picture somewhere in a brochure once too that showed them tucked in.

Seems to make more sense for a car where the seat back could fold down, but the center arm rest does I guess.

boostme

That same thing happened to me!! Took apart to clean and when I reassembled, I couldn't figure it out. Left it alone and found a thread on here about that LOL

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts