The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Legit gvr4's

Ebrake

Let's say someone sold the badges on a legit gvr4 is there a indent in the dash or screw holes of where the badges was? And is there a way to find out what number it is?:!

thomcasey

Also, unless someone has converted a GGSX to look like a VR4 by swapping the interior and body panels, you will find it hard to find it faked. You can't just take a basic FWD Galant and make it a VR4 any easier than making a 1g GST into a GSX. The rear frame and floor is completely different.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The assigned number is completely randon, so as Shane mentioned, unless it has been already recorded somewhere, it is unknown.

Now, verifying the chassis is a legit VR4 can be done. The VIN attached along with the chassis number stamped in the firewall can be checked and correlated to the correct VIN sequence for a VR4. If you want to, supply me the info you have and I can check on it. I have a list of all VR4 chassis imported to the US.

raptorWagon

Quoting Ebrake:
Let's say someone sold the badges on a legit gvr4 is there a indent in the dash or screw holes of where the badges was? And is there a way to find out what number it is?:!

Keep in mind the badges only applies to USDM Galant VR-4s and the number represents the quantity imported, not built. All other GVR4s imported from overseas will not have a numbered badge.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts