The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hyper Flashing on both indicators

Hello,
new to the forum. Just wondering how to fix hyper flashing on my indicators.
All the bulbs are working. The fuse under the dash (inside) is fine. There are NO LED bulbs fitted.
The hazards work fine. Could the tail lights have LEDs in them?
Also is there a simple relay i need to switch out or install?
Thanks

Could be led bulbs, or incandescent bulbs that are a lower wattage than OEM, burnt out bulbs, or a relay that is bad / not the correct part number (internal resistor value contols the frequency of the relay). As I recall the relay is behind the bottom knee dash cover to the left of the steering wheel on a LH drive model.

Last edited:
I have a RHD galant. Will look for the relay tomorrow. What’s the OEM wattage for the bulbs?

Ah, that reminds me of another possibility. There are single bulb front corner indicator lenses (with dual filaments), and dual bulb single filament indicator lenses that are available on these cars. The dual bulbs use less wattage than the single bulb by design, if I recall properly.

Someone may have switched out the indicator lenses on your car because they liked the double design over the single design. In that case, I believe there are flasher units that are specifically designed to be used with LED bulbs that have a fixed flash rate regardless of the wattage of the bulbs. I am not sure if it would detect a bulb failure though. I expect that type of flasher relay might solve your problem.

Digging a little deeper, MB302373 is the apparent Mit relay part number for the USA models, and the Wattage is printed on the side.click The LED compatable relay equivalent appears be here.click

This is all based on my recollection from years ago, and the USA spec parts, so you will have to double check this for yourself. Good luck, hope it helps.

Last edited:

fuel

To add another spanner in the works, if his car is an AUDM model, it will have the turn signals in the front bumper just like a USDM, with the addition of some repeater lamps on the front fenders like the European models. JDM models do not have the repeaters.

I managed to figure out that the indicators must have been switched out or something by previous owner. The indicator had the double bulb system (like you said) and so was using a lower wattage bulb. Plus my owners manual says that the indicator is suppose to be on the bumper, which my bumper does not have. In the end a simple LED relay flasher would fine.
Cheers for the help guys!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts