The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Getting 577/2000 back on the road.

kjbtsi6686

I figured I should probably post up the progress of 577/2000 as I go along. I bought her back in Jan 16 out of Texas as a partially stripped shell and have slowly gotten the parts etc... together to get her back on the road. Here are a bunch of pics from when I got her to now.
Wasn't much of a looker when I got her.

With the distant cousin, lol.

Here are a bunch of pics from the last couple of weeks getting the engine bay and front wheel wells all cleaned up. Also getting the 2.0 out of the Talon ready to get dropped in.

The bottom of the drivers door was rusted out so I sourced another Summit White Door and swapped out.

My CM exhaust showed up on Friday, got the down pipe painted yesterday. I went with aluminized for cost and I'm not a big fan of stainless steel. So VHT header flat black is what I paint my exhaust.

And here is where I left her last night, I'm waiting on a few pieces before I drop the motor in.

Huge shout out to my borther knbtsi, Tom, jnava,pot,transparentdsm, plus countless individuals on the facebook page.
And huge thanks to Alamo Autosports, CM performance exhaust, JNZ tuning, Performance Partout.

Slowly but surely, hoping to have her running by the end of the month.

kjbtsi6686

Wasn't able to get too much done today. Just finished painting the exhaust.

kjbtsi6686

Quite a bit of work done over the last few days.
Got the motor and transmission in.

Had to fix some wiring issues.

Getting things buttoned up.

Had to make a couple little brackets to mount the '90 oil cooler.

I was finally able to find the A/C fan and put that in.

Cleaned up the headlights and redid the black on top.

And finally I am able to put the nose back together.

Hoping to get the rest of the parts in that I need to put the front suspension back together, gotta love waiting.

G

Staff member
Nice work!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Looking good. Keep it up.

ktmrider

Glad you're going full together with her! Would have jumped at it were things at my house a bit more stable, miss having an EVO-Zero to play with.

kjbtsi6686

Slowly but surely been getting the car put together and of course finding other things that need replacing. Had to find a rear brake caliper because one was to far gone.
Alot of wire wheeling and cleaning later, I was able to get the rear wheel wells undercoated as well as the area just behind them, it's amazing how inadequate the factory undercoating was.

Also had to replace the fuel filler hose as it was rotted out, thanks JNZ for still having some of this stuff.

Finally I was able to get the driveline and exhaust in. Waiting on a the caliper and fuel pump hanger to get this car running.

At some point I really need to drop the rear subframe and restore it, but for now I really just need to get it on the road.

kjbtsi6686

Forgot the pic from the back.

bobdole

Nice work.

kjbtsi6686

Obligatory update, figured I would tackle the interior while I wait on a few parts. It was hell of grimy in there.

That is 26 years there on that carpet!

After cleaning the floor and banging out a big dent in the passenger rear foot well area.

After a few hours of pressure washing.

Came out pretty good, I also rewired the fuel pump while I had it all apart.

Front seats came out nice, they will need periodic conditioning as the leather is pretty stiff.

Rear seats done and in.

Finally got all the old tint off the back window, that project was more painful and took longer then anything else. What a pain!
Hopefully the last parts I am waiting on will get here in the next few days and she can be back on all four and running!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts