The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

map sensor issue

Rrohde84

map sensor was killing the car periodically cutting out. switched out the map sensor and the pigtail connector now the car wont start.

GSTwithPSI

Ok, start off by going to ECMtuning and downloading the latest version of ECMlink: click

I think you mentioned having a MAC, so grab the current stable version (v3.27.92) applicable to your machine.

After you have ECMlink downloaded, install it on your machine. Instructions here: click

Once it's installed, turn the car on, and plug in your cable to the OBD1 port. Connect to ECMlink via your laptop and grab a log.

Once you have a log, you can email it to me, or post it on a free file upload site and then post the link to it here.

Basically, I need to see how ECMlink is currently configured, and in order to do so, I need a log. Until I know what ECU input is configured for the MAP sensor, I can't help you troubleshoot the circuit. Once I know what ECU input ECMlinkk expects the MAP sensor to be on, I can ID the ECU pin and help you verify the MAP signal is going to where it is supposed to.

If any part of this doesn't make sense, let me know.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned