The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Glutton for punishment ( I may be getting back into another VR4)

presterone

For the first in five years I have been free from these cars.

I thought it would be a lower stress,cheaper lifestyle but I ended up missing these damn cars too much. The other night I'm browsing around craigslist and what are the odds I find someone who wants to trade a galant Vr4 for a car that I have.

the craigslist ad

Its so weird and specific, I don't think the majority of galant Vr4 owners would be looking to get into a swapped Impreza Rs, this is my destiny. The Jackstands have been collecting dust and I'm about to use those sombitches again real soon.
BTW, the car is #319/1000 if anyone has any info on it let a brother know. The owner seems to be legit and the hopefully the car is as advertised. If anyone is curious the RS has a Version 6 Sti type-RA EJ207 and a bunch of suspension goodies.
I tried subarus for a while and I just can't do it, I have no real attachment to it.

fuel

I approve of this post.

BTW your link is broken brah - it is missing the : after http. Correct link - click

presterone

7Bolt was a typo, It has a 6-bolt with forged pistons and H-beam rods..... Allegedly. I'll send the few pics I have in a bit. I am still skeptical about "no rust" on a northeast car but we will see. We're exchanging video tours of our cars this weekend and then we'll figure out a dollar amount. My RS seems to be a bit more of a project than this galant but I have to see it in the flesh.

GSTwithPSI

Looks like a turd.

Hood is smashed, stock JDM wheels. Bet my ass the pinch welds are rusty, too. You'd probably get the punishment you're looking for with that trade.

Did you get a full mod list from him?

I love Galants, but there's no way I'd trade your clean RS for that. Is he offering cash on top of the Galant?

presterone

I don't have a more current photo of my RS, its not as pretty as it once was and its currently not running because I swapped the throttle body into my friends RS. His car has weisco pistons, FP Green, Balance shaft delete, ECMlink V2, Act clutch and thats about all I got for now. The galant still has AWS and supposedly no issues other than leaking throttle body shaft seals.

Stay tuned while I make a poor or wise financial decision.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting presterone:
I don't have a more current photo of my RS, its not as pretty as it once was and its currently not running because I swapped the throttle body into my friends RS. His car has weisco pistons, FP Green, Balance shaft delete, ECMlink V2, Act clutch and thats about all I got for now. The galant still has AWS and supposedly no issues other than leaking throttle body shaft seals.

Stay tuned while I make a poor or wise financial decision.

Ah, that evens things out a bit then I suppose. As long as it's not rusty, it might not be a bad deal.

P.S. getting a Galant VR-4 is always a poor financial decision /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

fuel

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Looks like a turd.

Hood is smashed, stock JDM wheels. Bet my ass the pinch welds are rusty, too. You'd probably get the punishment you're looking for with that trade.

Did you get a full mod list from him?

I love Galants, but there's no way I'd trade your clean RS for that. Is he offering cash on top of the Galant?

They could be G-GSX wheels.

mitsuturbo

Funny. I'd want a swapped rs or forester if i had to trade. I don't find it odd at all, really. Do it!

pdotblanch

I saw this on craigslist and have been trying to buy it hahahaha he said he was waiting to meet up with you to possibly trade

presterone

He's been a ghost lately, I've sent video and pictures and nothing back yet. Maybe he went JSB

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts