The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cylinder Head Question

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have used one on my 92.

89Mirageman

Plenty have, I'm doing it now on my 94 Summit. Well I'm actually using a 4G64 but same difference. There is some info in the archives over on 4g61t showing the difference in the head and also the Hyundai variant.

Last edited:

Terrance362

Just didn't know how things how things would react to the smaller combustion chamber, I planned to run a whole lot of boost on this motor. The setup up is an 8:5:1 stock stroke, MLS head gasket, 288 cams, Kiggly race only valve springs.

fuel

4G37 is a completely different engine altogether - it is a 1755cc SOHC 8V with 5-bolt flywheel used in the 1G DSM along with other overseas market Mitsus like the base model 6th gen Galant, Chariot, Lancer etc.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I had some knock running basically stock boost with 91 fuel. I'm sure it could be tuned better but I never really bothered. It did seem to have a little better bottom end performance with the slightly increased from stock compression ratio.

Quoting Terrance362:
Just didn't know how things how things would react to the smaller combustion chamber.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts