The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Back in the UK, and back checking the board.

misterfixit

Hi All,

So after spending a blessed 4 years in the Philippines my family and I returned to the UK in August 2015. We've spent a year settling back in and getting the kids to school and buttoned down. Decorated through the house, and I have been lucky enough to be able to walk to work every day since returning.

To allow us to focus on the house I left my car at my parents house down south, then completely forgot when the inspection was due, so a few months ago (June) I did the crazy there and back after work, to 1am with my best friend to collect it, on a Tuesday!
9:45pm after driving 150 miles:

Fuelling up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mid journey break at 11:20

Home and snug on the drive @1:05am. Ready for me to get it inspected on the Friday.

Passed inspection (Just) with no warnings, then the next week I had to change the exhaust and a bunch of other little jobs.

But hey ho. It's great to have it back on the drive. Need to clear the garage and get it inside.

Rich

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Glad to have you back Rich. Didn't realize you had been back in the UK so long.

fuel

How do you get away with Japanese plates in the UK? Here in Victoria Australia we can get personalised plates that mimic the Japanese plates but they aren't 100% correct and are obvious they are VIC plates.

misterfixit

Hi Fuel,

They live in the seat pocket, so I can just toss them on for a quick piccy. Saves chopping out the letters after /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
They were on my lancer permanently mounted, in the Philippines, and I never got an issue as I'd tucked the stock plates in the window ledge.
Was funny the first day I drove past the security check with them at work. The guard did a double take and was trying to comprehend how to write them down.

Rich

FlyingEagle

Staff member
^^^ I was about to post a thread calling you out, just to see where you were at! Lo and behold ... the man cometh forth. Haha.

Sounds like things are going well, and glad your inspection didn't run into troubles. I can't imagine it having much to deal with, other than rusty rotors and such from sitting, given all that you did to it before leaving to the 'Pines.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts